Welcome to the July 2017 Pals Blog Hop!
Welcome to the July 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re having a Pattern Party! Hoppers will feature projects using their favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper and coordinating embellishments. After all, color coordination is a Stampin’ Up! Strength.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I decided to show off the Coffee Break Suite using the Coffee Cafe Stamp Set, Coffee Cups Framelits Dies and the Coordinating Coffee Break Designer Series Paper. This card is similar to one I have created in the past, which you can see here: Coffee Cafe Bundle Is Great for Friends! I love square cards and use them often as my template to create. They are easy to assemble, add layers and fit an abundance of embellishments on. Since I think Coffee Cafe gives a “gather with friends” feel, I like to incorporate two cups on my creation…because one cup would just feel lonely, right?
The color combination of this suite is fabulous! The colors are Early Espresso, Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Soft Suede and Whisper White. The Mini Chevron Ribbon I used on this card is actually Old Olive, I didn’t realize I grabbed the wrong “family” of ribbon when I was creating. It still works, the colors are close enough (at least to my eyes). If I had a chance to re-do, I would use the Soft Sky 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon which is part of the Coffee Break Suite.
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a square card.
- The Wood Grain Look DSP from the Coffee Break Pack is the 2nd layer of the card and is cut to 5.25 in x 5.25 in and adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals to make it pop-up off the page.
- A piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut to 5 in x 5 in. I wrapped the Old Olive 3/8 in Mini Chevron Ribbon and secured it with a bow then adhered it to the DSP with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- The two small coffee cups were cut with quickly cropped from the piece of DSP with the coordinating dies and big shot. I used the chevron and dot paper with the cup dies (small and large shown on left in photo below). The coffee wraps were also cropped with the die shown on the far right, top row.
- I stamped the Life Happens Sentiment in Early Espresso on the scrap piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock I had from cutting the card to size. I cut this out with the coordinating die (same as wrap stated above) and then I slightly trimmed it with a Paper Snips so that you could see the Woodgrain DSP behind it. The Thanks a Latte Sentiment and the Coffee Beans were done the same way and cropped with its coordinating die.
- I stamped the latte cover and whipped topping (inside the cover) on the scrap piece of Thick Whisper White with Smoky Slate Classic Ink that I stamped first on my Grid Paper and then onto the cardstock to make it look light like a shadow.
- As with most of my creations, most items on my card are adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I finished off the card with a bow made of Linen Thread and a few different coordinating color Enamel Shaped Hearts.
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on August 9, 2017 when our projects will feature “cuts” from punches, dies, framelits, edgelits, or thinlits. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. See you on August 9th!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! —- YOU ARE HERE!
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.