Welcome to the August 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re going to “Cut It Out”. Participants will feature projects with “cuts” from punches, dies, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Today’s card features the new At Home With You Bundle! This is one of my favorites from the 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. It is very easy to use and creates stunning results. It has images for Spring / Summer, Winter / Christmas, Fall / Autumn. The Framelits allow you to cut the door so it is one solid piece or cut it so the door can swing open and you can hide a sentiment, gift, what have you behind it! So much fun!
I decided to have all sentiments and images on the front of the door, so with the card, the door does not open. The all new Embossing Paste is a great pairing to the At Home With You Bundle. The Brick Decorative Mask is perfect to put behind the door image.
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- I took a little more than a quarter size amount of Embossing Paste, added a couple drops from my Early Espresso Classic Reinker, mixed it up on my Silicone Mat. I taped down the Brick Decorative Mask over the top of the card (to prevent it from moving) and them applied the Embossing Paste to the card base with the long and skinny Palette Knife.
- I inked up all images in Basic Black Archival Ink, stamped them onto Shimmery White Cardstock and then colored them with Classic Inks and an Aqua Painter. The colors are as follows:
- Door – Outer and Inner Panels: Early Espresso (bottom layer of color), Soft Suede (top layer of color). – Middle Panels: Soft Suede Only. I colored the fine lines and door handle with an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Sign Sentiments – Pumkin Pie and Soft Suede blended together
- Planters: Early Espresso blended with Soft Suede for the bands. Soft Suede for the Wood.
- Sunflowers: Center is Early Espresso, Petals are Crushed Curry and Stems/Leaves are Old Olive.
- Pumpkins: Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive
- Lighting in the Window: Crushed Curry
- Every image was quickly cropped with the Big Shot and the Coordinating Framelits Dies. Note: The For Everything Sentiment was extended by only inking one side of the sign and then the other as needed for length. I cropped this image with the Paper Snips, although it could be done with the framelit. All Images were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I created a bow with the Linen Thread and then adhered it behind the sign to make it look like it was hanging on the door.
Here is a closer view of the dimension that this card entails! I am a sucker for dimension!
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on September 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our creative “Cuts”.
Here is a closer look at everything that is included in the At Home With You Photopolymer Bundle.
My ENTIRE list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.