The Stamp Review Crew Brings You: Pick-a-Pumpkin Stamp Set
Welcome to the Stamp Review Crew Hop featuring the Pick-a-Pumpkin Stamp Set or Bundle! This is one of my favorite sets in the 2017 Holiday Catalog and I am so happy to be sharing more creations with you! I decided to try a mixed metals themed card for today’s hop, something outside the favorited orange and greens normally seen when pumpkins are involved!
I have been wanting to use my New Champagne Foil Sheets and the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper. While looking at the designs within the Year of Cheer DSP Pack, I thought that the shapes of the one sheet closely resembled the die from the Pick-a-Pumpkin Bundle. My card creation started there. Metallic Pumpkins are all the rage right now, so I decided to use the metallic theme for the rest of my card. I stuck to Champagne and Copper, as those two compliment each other very well.
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 11, then scored/folded at 5.5 in.
- 2nd Layer is a piece of Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 in and adhered with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- 3rd Layer is Champagne Foil Sheets cut to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- 4th Layer is Watercolor Paper cut to 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. I added Smoky Slate Classic Ink, in multiple layers, with an Aqua Painter. I then took my Embossing Paste, Diamond Pattern Party Mask, and a Palette Knife and spread Embossing Paste at an angle. I then took my Heat Tool, heat the Embossing Paste up just a bit, then dipped it into my Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and reheated until the Copper melted.
- I cut a piece of 1/4″ Copper Trim, spread it apart to create a mesh look and then adhered it to the Watercolor Paper with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- I used my Big Shot, along with the dies from the coordinating Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits and cropped out the pumpkins and sprigs in the Champagne Foil. I used a small piece of the Year of Cheer Specialty DSP to crop out two more sprigs to match. I stamped the pumpkins from the Pick A Pumpkin Stamp Set in VersaMark Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock, added Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and Heated it with my Heat Tool. All adhered with a generous amount of Regular and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ‘Give Thanks’ sentiment is from the Labels to Love Stamp Set. It was stamped with VersaMark onto Whisper White Cardstock and embossed with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I cut it to size then flagged the end with my Banner Triple Punch. It adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I like the “rustic” feel of the imperfect copper embossing. I was really happy with the way this card ended up. I wish there was a way around the embossed dots on the Foil Papers from the Thinlits, but I have not found one yet. You can minimize them by running it through your Big Shot with a shim and clean cutting plates, but I feel it’s not worth the time. They just add additional texture. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed my card for today’s Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. Be sure to check out all the other creations and inspiration for the Pick A Pumpkin Stamp Set. You can view the previous or next blog by clicking on the buttons below.
You can also view the entire line-up by visiting the Stamp Review Crews Blog Site.
My list of supplies used in this post:
A few other creations I made using the Pick A Pumpkin Stamp Set:
Have a question? Email me.
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?