Cake Soirée Wedding Card for GDP123
Cake Soirée for GDP123
Happy Monday Everyone!
Welcome to another Global Design Post, GDP123. This week is a theme challenge of New Beginnings, so I broke in my new Cake Soirée Bundle and created a wedding or shower card with that fabulous cake. I wanted to use my Berry Burst Metallic-Edge Ribbon, so I decided to use Berry Burst as my main color. I hope you like my creation.
- I cut Berry Burst Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 in. with my Stampin’ Trimmer, then Scored/Folded at 5 1/2 inches for a standard sized card that fits perfectly in our Medium Sized Envelopes.
- I then cut Vellum Cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 in, adhering it to the card base with two Stampin’ Dimensionals that will hide behind the main focal image. Prior to adhering the Vellum, I took my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, squeezed it and then shook it over the Vellum to add specks of shimmery goodness.
- I stamped the Cake Image on Shimmery White Cardstock with Versamark Ink, I then added Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder which I set with my Heat Tool. I zipped it through the Big Shot with the coordinating framelit cake die to quickly crop it out. I colored the flowers with my Berry Burst Stampin’ Write Marker and the greenery with my Lemon-Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Marker.
- I stamped the Best Wishes Sentiment on Shimmery White Cardstock with Basic Gray Archival Ink and then snipped it out with my Paper Snips, adhering it with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals cut in half.
- I ran Silver Foil Sheets with Framelits Dies through the Big Shot to create the Cake Stand. I just LOVE the beautiful detail! Easily clean up the image by running the Big Shot Die Brush over the top of it.
- I took a piece of Berry Burst and Whisper White Metallic Edge Ribbon, cut off the Metallic End so that I could shred/pull apart the fibers to place behind my cake image. The fibers adhered to the back of the cake with Fast Fuse adhesive and the entire image adhered to the Vellum with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The final touches were made by adding Tutti-Frutti Adhesive-Backed Sequins in Berry Burst and Rhinestone Basic Jewels strategically on the Vellum.
I was on the fence in regards to ordering this bundle as I do not make many wedding cards, but I am so glad that I did! I love the beautiful floral images and that CAKE! I am not a baker or a cook, it’s just not my thing, but if I was, I would want to make artistic cakes with lovely details, just like the one in this bundle! I LOVE all the details dies that come with it to create that WOW factor.
At OnStage in Salt Lake City, Sara, the CEO, showed us how to “shred” the ribbon to make a beautiful fiber element to place behind your main focal image. This is the second time I have incorporated it into my project and I just LOVE the look, soft and pretty! I encourage you to give it a try, I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Need product now? Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code 22R6RVNP and you will earn the all-new Berry Burst Metallic-Edge Ribbon from the 2018 Occasions Catalog for FREE!