Sale-a-Bration Inspiration with the GDP!
HAPPY MONDAY ALL!
The last Monday in February! Wow, did this month fly by fast! Today we have a Theme Challenge over at Global Design Project and the theme is Sale-a-Bration! This is an amazing time of year with Stampin’ Up! The best time to purchase the products you love and earn additional products for FREE! Who doesn’t love FREE things? The card I created uses two Sale-a-Bration items that coordinate well together. Amazing You Stamp Set is available for FREE with a $50 purchase and the coordinating Celebrate You Thinlits Dies are available FREE with a $100 purchase.
- Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper to 2 1/2″ x 4″. Cover with water using a Stampin’ Spritzer.
- Shake the Yellow Brusho Colour Crystals over the water until you get the desired coverage. Spray again with water if needed, set aside to dry.
- Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock with a Stampin’ Trimmer to the size of an A2 card, 4 1/4″ x 11, then score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″, wrap the Crushed Curry Solid Bakers Twine around the cardstock twice, securing with a bow. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Ink up the floral image in Crumb Cake, then stamp on Shimmery White Cardstock.
- With an Aqua Painter, add Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry to the flowers. Snip out with your Paper Snips and cut the images in half.
- Using your Big Shot, run the Watercolor Paper with Brusho inside the Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder to add additional texture.
- Run through again with the Lots of Labels Framelit Die (Size: 3 1/2″ x 2 1/16″) to crop down to size.
- Ink up the burst image in Tangerine Tango Ink, stamp on the watercolor paper as shown.
- Ink up the Let’s (Tangerine Tango) and Celebrate (Crushed Curry) sentiments, stamp on Whisper White Cardstock, then snip out with your Paper Snips. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run the Amazing Thinlit Die with Tangerine Tango Cardstock set inside a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and run it through the Big Shot. Adhere as shown,
- Ink up the You sentiment in Tangerine Tango and stamp as shown.
- Adhere the flowers with Snail Adhesive as shown, then the Let’s Celebrate Amazing You with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- With a Fine-Tip Glue Pen, adhere 5 Irridescent Sequins as shown.
I have definitely been stuck on using a Yellow/Orange Color Palette! I had been playing with the Brusho Color Crystals and had already created the Watercolor Background when I started to design my card, so decided to build my card around the Yellow Brusho Colors. I am longing for some blues so my next few creations will probably gravitate to a new color palette :). Stay tuned!
The ‘amazing’ thinlit die is one of my all-time favorites from Stampin’ Up! It pairs well with so many different sentiments and images, I am so happy that the Celebrate You Thinlits will carry over with the upcoming annual catalog.
My first go at the design for this card did not include the flowers behind the Lots of Labels Die Cut. I think this card works well with or without the flowers, so if you want a more simple layout, feel free to leave out the flowers.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
IT’S MY ANNIVERSARY MONTH, CELEBRATE WITH TWO FREE ITEMS!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code X6YJWTZD and you will earn BOTH the Whisper White Organza Ribbon and Petal Passion Embellishments from the 2018 Occasions Catalog for FREE!