Southern Serenade for GDP126 Sketch Challenge
Happy Monday Everyone!
Today the Global Design Project brings you a sketch challenge, and it’s an absolute beauty. The design team has knocked it out of the park with their creations! Please be sure to check them out. They are GORGEOUS!
I decided to use my new stamp set from the 2018 Occasions Catalog called Southern Serenade. I hope you love what you see!
- With your Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″, then score and fold at 5 1/5″.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Ink up the Lace Background Stamp in Basic Black Archival Ink, stamp twice on the Shimmery White Cardstock as shown.
- With a Stampin’ Spritzer, add a few spritz of water to the Shimmery White Cardstock, then shake the Gamboge Brusho Colour Crystals until you get the effect you want. If needed spritz it with water again to activate all the crystals. Set aside to dry.
- Ink up the floral stamp in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink and stamp on Whisper White Thick Cardstock. Run through the Big Shot with the largest Oval Stitched Shapes Framelit. Use the Magnetic Platform to keep the die securely in place to get the perfect cut.
- Color the flower with Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. I used Light and Dark of the following: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie.
- Ink up the lace ribbon image, along with the Happy Birthday sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink, stamp onto Whisper White Cardstock. Fussy cut/snip with your Paper Snips.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Solid Bakers Twine to 16 inches, wrap around the Shimmery White Cardstock and secure with a bow.
- Adhere the images, as shown, to the Shimmery White with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color 5 Epoxy Circles with Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends, adhere those and the clear as shown. The perfect final touch!
The Southern Serenade Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! was not a gotta have set on my list, I overlooked its beauty. I am so happy that I ordered it because it is stunning! The flowers are fun to color with Stampin’ Blends, the lace accents add just the right touch to your creation and the fonts are gorgeous. It pairs perfectly with a Brusho Colour Crystal background,
Brusho Colour Crystals make it easy to obtain a watercolor wash background as shown on my card. There are several different techniques in using Brusho and each one results in a different look. I have used Brusho in a few previous posts. You can view them below:
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
IT’S MY ANNIVERSARY MONTH, CELEBRATE WITH TWO FREE ITEMS!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code X6YJWTZD and you will earn BOTH the Whisper White Organza Ribbon and Petal Passion Embellishments from the 2018 Occasions Catalog for FREE!