Welcome to another Monday hopping with the Stamp Review Crew!
Creating the card using the High Tide Stamp Set makes me long for a nice sunny beach to soak up some rays. With a large snow storm on our horizon here in WI, the weather is nothing close to the scene you see here. So I am going to just close my eyes and dream I am enjoying the sun and beach and hope that someday soon I will open mine to see green grass instead of white snow.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5.5″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the images on Whisper White Cardstock using the following colors:
- Lighthouse: Cherry Cobbler for the solid image and Basic Gray for the detailed image. (Create two images)
- Beacon Light: Crushed Curry (2 Times)
- Grass: Old Olive (Tall 2 Times, Short 3 Times)
- Birds: Basic Gray (Air 1 Time; Ground 2 Times)
- Sand: Sahara Sand (2 Times)
- Water: Pool Party (3 Times)
- Snip out each image with your Paper Snips and adhere with Snail and Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown. Tip: Flip the card over and snip off the water and sand edges so they are flat to the 2nd layer. Reuse the snipped sand piece to add a 3rd dimension to your scene.
- Carefully stamp the sentiment as shown using Basic Gray Archival Ink.
The High Tide Stamp Set is perfect for creating beautiful seaside images with a lighthouse that shines! The two-step stamping is easy to line-up with the clear photopolymer stamps. I used my new Stamparatus, a stamp placement tool, on the lighthouse and was able to quickly stamp perfectly aligned images of a beautifully detailed lighthouse in a matter of seconds.
I know that many of you do not like to fussy cut images (something that I just LOVE) so my creation may deter you from trying to recreate it. Please note, that you can create this card as one layer and you do not need to fussy cut each image. It won’t have the dimensional feel of my card, but it can still be just as beautiful.
When I cut the birds for the sand, I left one set connected to each other and the other set I completely separated and placed them as a single bird exactly where I wanted them.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code F93292MH and you will earn BOTH the True Gentleman Buttons -and- Linen Thread for FREE, a $10.50 Value!