Spring has Sprung! Pals Blog Hop – March 2018
Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I decided to use the Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set in my creation for today. I usually do not CASE (copy and selectively edit) other creations, but this time I decided to re-create a card by the talented Steffi Helmschrott, a fellow demonstrator from Germany! I love the cute little ladybugs and I think they speak spring! Enjoy!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using 2nd Generation Stamping (Ink the Stamp then stamp once on scrap paper, then on final project for a lighter ink image) stamp the jar image, in Basic Gray Archival Ink, on Watercolor paper.
- Crop the image with the coordinating jar framelit (Everyday Jars Framelits Dies Set) using a Big Shot and a Magnetic Platform.
- Add shading to the jar and background by applying Smoky Slate Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Stamp the grass image 3 times using Old Olive Ink. Blend lightly with an Aqua Painter.
- Use 2nd Generation stamping on the twig inside the jar. Add Old Olive and Soft Suede Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Stamp two ladybug images (one inside the jar, one to crop out with a Paper Snips) in Basic Black Archival Ink. Add Real Red Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Cut a piece of Linen Thread. Tie in a bow as shown and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere jar and ladybug images with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Versamark Ink to stamp the Sentiment on Basic Black Cardstock. Add White Embossing Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Clear Epoxy Raindrops for the Final TOUCH!
For all the sweet things in life you wish you could bottle up and keep with you forever, this stamp set will help! The dextrous jar is just waiting to be filled with whatever inspires you!
Stampin’ Up! donates time and money to support Ronald McDonald House Charities. To date, we’ve contributed over $1,000,000 to RMHC and their network of local RMHC Chapters. When you buy the Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set, we donate a portion of the proceeds to RMHC.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop, which will take place on April 11, 2018. The theme if Family First! Now be sure to hop to the rest of the Pals using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin' Hoot! --- THIS IS ME! HAVE A HOOT-A-RIFFIC DAY!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!