Bird Banter Birthday Card #GDP136
Happy Monday Everyone!
The Global Design Project challenge for you this week is Case the Designer: Allison Okamitsu! I decided to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) her layout but change up the Stamp Set! I love the Bird Banter Stamp Set and I have only created two other cards with it before now. Since it officially retires on May 31st, 2018, I wanted to make sure I got to play with it before it is no longer available.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock to 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and another to 3″ x 4 1/2″.
- Using the smaller piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock and the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch, crop two ribbon strips. Adhere to the backside of the larger piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock with Snail Adhesive then to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″. Smooch the card with Lemon Lime Twist Ink. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the 1 3/8″ Scalloped Circle Punch, crop 4 Bermuda Bay circles. Using the 1 1/8″ Scalloped Circle Punch, crop 4 Shimmery White circles. Adhere together as shown with Snail Adhesive. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the 4 images in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Add color with Classic Inks (Lemon-Lime Twist, Berry Burst & Bermuda Bay), and an Aqua Painter.
- To color the breast of the birds, take a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and grab color off the brush with an Aqua Painter, then add to the image.
- Snip each image with a Paper Snips and adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 5/8″ x 3 1/2″. Using Washi Tape, mask the bottom portion of the sentiment. Ink up the top portion in Basic Black Archival Ink. Remove the washi tape mask and stamp onto the Shimmery White. Repeat this step, but this time mask the top part of the sentiment and stamp the bottom as shown.
- Add Clear Enamel Shapes for a final touch!
I love the cute birds from the Bird Banter Stamp Set. I am a little sad that it didn’t make it to the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog, I haven’t had my fill of it yet! If you like this stamp set, I suggest getting it ordered before May 31st, 2018, when it officially retires!
Have you tried watercolor with our Classic Inks and an Aqua Painter? Now is the perfect time to try it! Did you know that I am offering them as my FREE APRIL HOOT LOOT! You can earn them for FREE by placing a $50+ order and using my host code YHRMGDXJ.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!