Family First! Pals Blog Hop – April 2018
Welcome to the Pals April 2018 Blog Hop. Join us while we put “Families First” in our hop this month. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with family-related projects like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation or Family Vacations. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Scrapbooking is what got me started in the paper crafting realm. I love to make a scrapbook layout that reflects back on a memorable moment with my family. This page shows my husband and son enjoying the view of the lake while dipping their toes in the water, I wish I could see that view every day!
- Start with a 12×12 piece of Whisper White Cardstock as your canvas.
- Create a mat for your photo (1/4″ larger) with a piece of Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (Available May 1, 2018).
- Using the Peaceful Reflections Stamp Set (Available June 1, 2018), stamp 5 large and 5 small water ripples with Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. A Marina Mist Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Cut each of the water ripples out with a Paper Snips. Adhere as shown with Snail Adhesive, cut some in half and place along the edges and under the photo.
- Adhere the photo/mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the “waves” as shown in Basic Black Archival Ink. Add Marina Mist Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Using a Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Large Letter Framelits and Shimmery White Cardstock, crop out #LAKELIFE.
- With an Aqua Painter, add the ombre look with Old Olive (bottom), Lemon-Lime Twist (middle), and Marina Mist (top). Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp 4 dragonflies using Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Stamp one set of leaves in Pool Party and the other in 2nd Generation Night of Navy (stamp on scrap paper first). Cut them out with a Paper Snips.
- Stamp 4 of the plants in Old Olive Ink, blend and add more color with an Aqua Painter. Crop with a Paper Snips.
- Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to 1″ x 3″. Flag the end with the Banner Triple Punch. Adhere to the upper left corner with Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere the plants and dragonflies with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- If desired, stamp the place and time using the alphabet stamps from the Pick a Pennant Stamp Set (Available June 1, 2018). Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love the ombre look and using an Aqua Painter to add the color makes it easy to obtain! I will be sharing more of my creations from my #onstage2018 Display Board, which shows off more ombre with the Large Letter Framelits! Stop back soon or sign-up to follow my blog posts so you don’t miss out!
Have you heard about the Stampin’ Up! Color Revamp? Marina Mist will not be around after May 31st, so if you like the color, make sure you add it to your collection before it is gone for good!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, when we all “Step It Up with Textures or Techniques”. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment, we truly appreciate it!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin'
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!