Butterfly Basics Birthday Card #GDP137
Happy Monday Everyone!
GDP137! An amazing color challenge is live over at the Global Design Project! I decided to show off the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set one final time before it retires for good on May 31, 2018 or While Supplies Last!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- On the left side of the card base, stamp the diagonal background image in Basic Black Archival Ink.
- On the right side of the card base, stamp the honeycomb background image in Pool Party multiple times until the edge is covered.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/2″. Smooch it with Pool Party Ink. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On Whisper White Cardstock, stamp the honeycomb image in Pool Party. Then stamp the butterfly image in Melon Mambo over the top of it and then again on its own. Snip out each image with a Paper Snips.
- Stamp the fern image onto Shimmery White Cardstock in Lemon Lime Twist. Use an Aqua Painter to add color depth to the bottom of the fern leaves. Snip out with a Paper Snips.
- Stamp the floral image in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color the stems with an Aqua Painter and Lemon Lime Twist, then the petals with Melon Mambo. Snip out with a Paper Snips.
- Adhere the honeycomb and butterfly image to the bottom of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the fern and floral image together with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add some Black Metallic Thread and adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the 2nd butterfly image as shown with doubled up Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Snip apart with a Paper Snips. Adhere with snipped to size Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere Metallic Sequins with a Fine Tip Glue Pen.
The images in the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set are stunning! A plus, this set comes in all three different types: Photopolymer, Clear, and Wood Mount. So take your pick and order it quick before it retires for good!
The Basic Black Archival Ink Pads are going away and also the Basic Black Metallic Thread! I use the Basic Black Metallic Thread the most out of all the colors available so I will miss it! I will have to find a new favorite!
Do you like the smooch technique? I use it a lot as my background for my card creations. I have a PDF Tutorial available here: Smooch Technique
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Be sure to jump on over to the Global Design Project Challenge Blog to see all the amazing creations and oodles of inspiration from the Design Team. You are encouraged to play along! #GDP
I created a card with this set last July that was featured on my blog, you can read all about it here:
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code YMSFW99Q and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of a Current/Available EMBOSSING FOLDER FOR FREE!