#tgifc159 Sketch – Lilypad Lake Sneak Peek
Happy Friday! It’s Time for TGIFC159
A sketch challenge is on the TGIFC Blog and waiting for you to play along. A simple sketch that packs a punch! I decided to use the All-New Lilypad Lake Bundle (available June 1st, 2018). Since we often spend time at our friend’s lake home, this one called to me and it was the first one that I ordered for my collection.
When I saw this sketch, I immediately saw waves behind the point…then rather quickly, my card creation was born!
Thank you to all who commented on my blog for last week’s anniversary celebration! Patty Schultz, you have won yourself some goodies for taking the time to show some love. Please email me your address and I will get your goodies in the mail.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Take the “waves” stamp, ink it up in Blueberry Bushel Classic Ink and stamp 3 rows on the bottom. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4″ x 4 1/2″. Lightly draw a line across the backside at 1 1/2″ up from the bottom and then at 2″ down the middle. Then draw diagonal lines as shown below to create your cut template. Cut with a Stampin’ Trimmer or Paper Snips. Wrap the Medium Night of Navy Baker’s Twine around twice and secure with a bow. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Congratulations sentiment in Pineapple Punch Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the sun image in Pineapple Punch Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with an Aqua Painter.
- Stamp the sailboat image in Blueberry Bushel Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock.
- Crop all three images with the coordinating dies from the Lakeside Framelits (part of the Bundle), using a Big Shot and Magnetic Platform.
- Adhere the double sailboat image and sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the sun and single sailboat with Snail Adhesive.
- Add Glitter Epoxy Shapes (retiring) as shown for a final touch.
Since the sketch was simple, I decided to keep the card simple as well. You can definitely step it up to your liking but I am digging the simplicity, kind of like the lake…beautiful, yet simple.
Did you know that the 2018-2020 In Color Stampin’ Pads are available to purchase now? Stampin’ Up! has included them as part of the “Share What You Love Early Release”. You can see all items available in the Early Release by clicking on the image below:
Even though the Lilypad Lake Bundle isn’t available to order from my online store until June 1st, 2018, you CAN purchase it as part of your $99 Kit. Here are some details:
SO WHAT ELSE DO YOU GET WITH THE $99 KIT?
- For $99 you choose up to $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! product for your kit. That’s $26 in FREE product. Products in the kit can be from any current catalog, including 10% off bundles. The kit ships to you FREE, for another 10% savings
- HAPPY SHOPPING! Enjoy 20 – 25% off Stampin’ Up! products on subsequent orders from the day you purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! (demonstrator status and perks) through at least Sept. 30, 2018 (if you join May/June). You’ll get to take advantage your demonstrator discount on the new Annual Catalog Products! There’s no penalty to drop!
- Be first! Preview and pre-order new products a month in advance–one of my favorite benefits. The 2018-2019 Annual Catalog Pre-Order is available NOW! Even more fun with your discount!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code YMSFW99Q and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of a Current/Available EMBOSSING FOLDER FOR FREE!