Happy 4th of July, 2018!! Celebrate You Thinlits
Happy 4th Everyone! Be safe out there!
Every year since my husband and I have been together, we gather with his family to celebrate the oldest nephew’s birthday. This year he turns 19 years old and has graduated from High School! There may not be many more gatherings with him off to college and starting a life of his own. Happy Birthday, Johnny!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Zip through the Big Shot in the Subtle Dynamic Impressions Embossing Folder. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 3 1/2″ x 4 7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock to 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Cut at an angle up to 2 7/8″ or to your preference. (Note: I didn’t measure this cardstock. I grabbed a scrap piece of Bermuda Bay, covered the Whisper White until I got the angle I was going for, then cut the top and sides to match the Whisper White).
- Cut a 1/2″ x 3 3/8″ strip of Crumb Cake Cardstock and Bermuda Bay Striped Ribbon. Adhere (Snail Adhesive) to the back of the Bermuda Bay Cardstock (as shown) to match the angle. Snip the ends to line-up with the cardstock edge.
- Adhere to the Whisper White and to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Big Shot, crop the following pieces of cardstock using the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies: Celebrate – Shimmery White, Amazing – Lemon Lime Twist & Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, You – Bermuda Bay
- Color the Celebrate as shown with an Aqua Painter and Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay Classic Ink.
- Adhere the Celebrate and You with snipped to size Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Balloon Bouquet Punch, crop 1 large balloon and 2 small using your choice of Designer Series Paper. I used Bermuda Bay 6x6 and Animal Outing.
- Stamp the Banner (Birthday Banners Photopolymer Stamp Set) in Bermuda Bay Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Lay the Happy Birthday sentiment to match the curve of the banner, then pick up with Acrylic Block G. Mask the “to the” with Washi Tape. Ink with Lemon Lime Twist. Remove Washi Tape and stamp within the banner. Crop with the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform & Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies.
- Adhere 3 small pieces of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine to the back of the balloon bottoms. Tie pieces together, securing with a simple knot.
- Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three Glitter Enamel Dots as shown.
Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist are one of my favorite color combinations. I think it works well for a young adult, not too girly but bright and cheery to set the mood!
I LOVE coloring an ombre effect with Shimmery White Cardstock and an Aqua Painter. This is my 4th time using this technique and it’s still not getting old! Have you tried it yet?
Making slant cuts brings another dimension to a card. I need to implement that more often in my creations, it is very pleasing to the eye!
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
If you live in the US and currently do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator that you order from, I would LOVE to be YOURS! I spoil my customers and would love to spoil you! Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a Hootlet (Stampin’ Hoot! Preferred Customer):
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Seasonal Catalogs – They will automatically be mailed to you with each new release. (Holiday Catalog and Occasions Catalog)
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogs – They will be delivered to your door, at no charge, with free shipping! This catalog is jam-packed with over 200 pages of products and ideas ready to inspire you to create!
- Stampin’ Hoot! Hootlet Rewards! – Want to earn more free goodies from me? Become a frequent shopper with me, track your purchases and redeem your hoot points for a free shopping spree, valued up to $30! Download your tracking sheet here: Hoot Points Tracking Sheet
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code VR66NJFK and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of a Current/Available Stampin’ Blends Combo Package!