Home to Roost for #GDP172
Happy Monday Everyone!
I am so excited to be back in the swing of things and joining the Global Design Project Team after what seems to be a very long hiatus.
I returned just in time! This week we are CASEing the amazingly talented Shawn De Oliveira! I had the opportunity to meet him in Florida at OnStage this past November. It is also so nice to finally meet the virtual friends you make doing this gig we all share and love so much!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece Grapefruit Grove Foil to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 7/8″ x 5″. Using 2nd generation stamping (stamp off on scrap paper first), stamp the grass image 3 times in Mossy Meadow Ink and 2 times in Soft Suede Ink. Use an Aqua Painter to pull some color towards the bottom of the card. Adhere to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a 4 1/2″ piece of 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim. Pull apart so that the fibers resemble a herringbone. Adhere to the card with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the rooster in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with an Aqua Painter and the following inks: Real Red (comb), Grapefruit Grove & Cajun Craze (cape & saddle), Pacific Point & Night of Navy (tail feathers & breast), Mossy Meadow (grass). Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Crop with the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform & Smallest (long & skinny) Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die. Snip down to 2″ long, tuck behind the rooster and adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three Grapefruit Grove Enamel Dots (Happiness Blooms) for an added touch.
The vibrant colors of the rooster paired with the gorgeous Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheets make for warm great card! Both the Home to Roost Cling Stamp Set and the Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheets can be earned for FREE with each $50+ purchase. You can shop all Sale-A-Bration Promotion items by CLICKING HERE.
The Paper Snips can be a crafters best friend…at least they are mine! I love to fussy cut images and make them pop off the page with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Fussy cutting is a therapy to me, I know to some it creates stress, for me, it relieves it. Stampin’ Up! does a great job with creating dies and punches that coordinate with stamps, making it quick and easy to crop and image.
The Braided Linen Thread carried over from the 2018 Holiday Catalog and I am so very happy that it did! It adds so much to a creation and was the perfect addition to this card.
THREE IS BETTER THAN ONE! Become a part of Stampin’ Up!, The Hootenannies, & Mary Fish’s Pals Stamping Community!
- Purchasing the starter kit! Joining Stampin’ Up! includes access to exclusive Stampin’ Up! ideas and resources!
- Purchasing the starter kit and joining through me includes access to the Hootenannies AND the Stampin’ Pretty Pals Pals private Facebook groups and community. Immerse yourself at any level you like in daily stamping discussion, prizes, polls, ideas and inspiration, recognition, friendship, and fun!
There are so many great deals during Sale-a-Bration, don’t miss out! So much bang for your buck! Click on the image below, it takes you right to my store so you can begin shopping NOW!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code AHE7WQNK and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of ANY Current Item valued at $10 or less! Click on the image below to learn more about how you can earn Monthly Hoot Loot for FREE!
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!