Happy Mother’s Day to All! – Flirty Flowers
Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!
I hope that everyone is enjoying Mother’s Day! I am lucky enough to have family spending the weekend with me! I created a card for my mom and decided to share it as a Mother’s Day Blog Post. I am using retiring, current and sneak peek product all on one card! We have daffodils blooming in our back yard so when I was going through my stamp sets to pick one for my Mother’s Day Card, I decided to go with the retiring Flirty Flowers Stamp Set (available through May 31st or While Supplies Last).
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Ink up the stamp from the All-New Artisan Textures Stamp Set (available June 1, 2018) in Pineapple Punch Classic Ink. Stamp onto the Whisper White Cardstock.
- With a Stampin’ Spritzer, lightly spritz water on the backside of the Whisper White. Place inside the Simple Stripes Embossing folder and zip it through the Big Shot.
- Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use a Stamping Sponge or a Sponge Dauber to add Call Me Clover Ink to the Whisper White 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (available June 1, 2018).
- Using the Big Shot and the Largest Stitched Shapes Circle Framelit, crop a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Adhere the colored ribbon to the back with Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp three daffodil images from the Flirty Flowers Stamp Set in Basic Black Archival Ink (retiring May 31, 2018) onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with an Aqua Painter and Color Me Clover & Pineapple Punch Ink.
- Snip the images out with Paper Snips. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the banner and sentiments from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set, stamp in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Crop with the coordinating Duet Banner Punch and the ‘mom’ with a Paper Snips. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Glitter Epoxy Circles as shown for a final touch. (also retiring May 31 or while Supplies Last).
My card also contains a sneak peek of the Whisper White 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon which I colored Call Me Clover with a Stampin’ Sponge. The great thing about this ribbon is that it can be colored to match anything! Huge Bonus! It will be available to order June 1st, 2018! I also used the All-New Artisan Textures Stamp Set, I love any background stamp to add oodles of texture to cards.
If you live in the US and currently do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator that you order from, I would LOVE to be YOURS! I spoil my customers and would love to spoil you! Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a Hootlet (Stampin’ Hoot! Preferred Customer):
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Seasonal Catalogs – They will automatically be mailed to you with each new release. (Holiday Catalog and Occasions Catalog)
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogs – They will be delivered to your door, at no charge, with free shipping! This catalog is jam-packed with over 200 pages of products and ideas ready to inspire you to create!
- Stampin’ Hoot! Hootlet Rewards! – Want to earn more free goodies from me? Become a frequent shopper with me, track your purchases and redeem your hoot points for a free shopping spree, valued up to $30! Download your tracking sheet here: Hoot Points Tracking Sheet
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code YMSFW99Q and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of a Current/Available EMBOSSING FOLDER FOR FREE!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Life’s A Journey, Enjoy One Wild Pink Ride!
Today I walked into my stampin’ room with no plans as to what I wanted to create…I had just finished up a masculine card and contemplated using the One Wild Ride Stamp Set. I didn’t feel it for that but when I looked at it again, I saw PINK! I grabbed it and knew immediately that I wanted to incorporate Melon Mambo into this creation. When I see hot pink, I also think a nice gray…Smoky Slate is one of my favorite colors of the neutral family so I went with that…and of course, the motorcycle screamed black.
Voila, the card came to life! I love the sentiment from this set! Life’s a Journey, Enjoy the Ride!
Don’t you just love these cute little color owls? They are holding a nice little chalkboard sign that tells you the color they are and what color family they belong to. I have one in every color Stampin’ Up! currently offers. I am putting together a color combination PDF that you will be able to download and use while you create. Look for it next week!
- The base of this card is Smoky Slate Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored/folded at 5.5 in to make a basic A-2 sized card that fits nicely into our Medium Envelopes.
- I cut a strip of Melon Mambo Cardstock to 2 in x 5.25 in, a strip of Whisper White to 1 in x 5.25 in and another to 3 in x 5.25 in, then finally a strip of Basic Black to 1 in x 5.25 in. I stagger then and glued them together with the largest piece of Whisper White on top. I popped them into the middle of the 3D Dynamic Texture Hexagons Embossing Folder then zipped it through the Big Shot to get the nice background texture. I wrapped a few loops of Basic Black Solid Bakers Twine prior to tying it off with a bow. I used the background texture stamp from the One Wild Ride Set and Melon Mambo Classic Ink to add the splash of pink to the Whisper White. I adhered the layer to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The images on this card are all from the One Wild Ride Stamp Set. The Motorcycle, Tire Track and Banner were all stamped using Basic Black Archival Ink. The Banner was stamped again in Melon Mambo and then the Journey portion was cropped out with Paper Snips and added to the black image using Dimensionals. The black Life’s A Journey, Enjoy the Ride Sentiment was easily cropped out with the coordinating Best Badge Punch. The motorcycle and tire track were cut out closely with the Paper Snips.
- I also repeated the same colors and images onto a Medium Whisper White Envelope to complete the look of the card set.
This card could easily be used for a Mother’s Day Card, don’t you think? When you have kids, life is certainly a journey! What’s better than enjoying that ride the kids give you!
Don’t forget to check out the newly released Eastern Palace Suite! Available now through May 31st! There are two bundles available and you get free items with each bundle purchased!
In today’s line-up of retiring items I am showcasing the Oh So Succulent Bundle, which consists of the Stamp Set and Coordinating Framelit Dies. I am Oh So Sad that this bundle did not make it into the New 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, which will be available June 1st. I created the 6 cards I am showcasing for the Ink Big Academy Design Team. I wanted to share them with you in case it inspires you to order…but if you want to order these, order fast cause there is no guarantee that they will last!
They are available until May 31st or until stock is depleted, whichever comes first.
They are also discounted in price for a great deal!
Succulents Framelits Dies
Reg $33.00 Sale $16.50
Now for my creations! I hope you enjoy them! They were such a joy to create!
This Happy Mother’s Day Card has a beach feel that I just love.
I used Whisper White as the card base and Water Color Paper for the flowers and the small background.
The sentiment is cropped out with the Stitched Framelits Dies.
The flowers from the Oh So Succulent stamp set are used as offset accents on the edges.
The images were stamped in several colors.
Some colors were mixed matched and others were stamped off for the background then stamped full force for the edges.
The congrats in white was the perfect finish to the card.
I love the polka-dot flowers that were cropped from the line of color family DSP stacks.
Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate and Night of Navy coordinate well for a soft feel.
White perfect accents were just the right touch for the middle of the flower.
Using the Hearth and Home Thinlints dies to create a window is so quick and easy.
Delicate White Doilies were cut and sponged with color to create the curtains.
Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red make a fabulous color combination.
Enamel Shapes, Perfect White Accents and Lace Doilies give just the right touch to the card.
You can’t forget about the stitched satin ribbon and black solid bakers twine. It gives the card a finished look.
Want to see what else is retiring? Shop the store here and see what’s still available!
Have a hoot-a-riffic day!