Welcome to the Anything But the Holidays Blog Hop!
This blog hop features items from the New Stampin’ Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog used in fashion other than holiday! I knew immediately what stamp set I would be using! One of my FAVORITES: Count My Blessings! The font of the sentiments are fabulous! So beautiful, I could use that font on everything! The thin lines and whitespace of the images are perfect for watercoloring, or coloring of any medium.
My favorite color is blue / teal so Island Indigo is at the top of my Stampin’ Up! Classic Color list! I haven’t done a watercolor wash background using this color yet so I decided to give it a shot and I LOVE the results.
- Card Base: Crumb Cake cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- Top Layer: Watercolor Paper
- I used an Aqua Painter with an Island Indigo ReInker to create the Island Indigo Watercolor Wash Background on the Watercolor Paper. Hint: Use a generous amount of water by squeezing your Aqua Painter! Add ink and let it dry completely, then do it again.
- The ‘Thinking of You’ sentiment from the Count My Blessings Stamp Set is stamped on Whisper White Cardstock in Island Indigo Ink. It was cropped with the Big Shot and the 2nd largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- The Flower and Leaf Images, also from the Count My Blessings Stamp Set, are stamped on Watercolor Paper with Basic Black Archival Ink. With an Aqua Painter, I added color using Always Artichoke for the stems and leaves and Island Indigo for the flower petals. They were fussy cut with a Paper Snips.
- All images and the sentiment were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added Silver Metallic Thread behind the sentiment and Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish off the card.
Thank you for hopping along with the Anything But the Holidays Blog Hop! You are currently at Stesha Bloodhart. Please make sure to take a look at everyone in the line-up below! Lots of fabulous inspiration to be had!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?