This Little Piggy Stamp Set Makes Me Happy!
Today’s card is a sneak peek of an extremely cute stamp set called This Little Piggy, available from Stampin’ Up! on June 1st with the New 2017-2018 Annual Catalog Launch. Also included is a peek at the New Wood Crate Framelits paired with the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack. The Wood Crate was modified by using only one side of a complete crate and snipped down to fit on the front of the card.
The Hoot-A-Riffic Color Combination for this card pairs well for baby themes, but works fabulously for the Piggy!
- The card base is Thick Whisper White Cardstock Cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in. Shimmery White Cardstock, which is watercolor friendly was cut to 3.5 in x 5.5 in. I applied color with an Aqua Painter to create the look of the sun, sky and dirt. Prior to adhering to the base of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals, I mirrored the color of the sun, sky and dirt onto the card base.
- The piggy was stamped two times with Basic Black Archival Ink. Once on Whisper White Cardstock and the other on Water Color Paper. The image on the Whisper White Cardstock was colored in with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and then cropped with a Paper Snips to fit behind the piggy to represent a shadow. The Piggy was colored with an Aqua Painter and Blushing Bride Classic Ink and then adhered to the shadow image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiments are from This Little Piggy Stamp Set, Available to order June 1st. The flagged end on the You Make Me Happy Sentiment was quickly created with the Banner Tripple Punch. The Love You was cropped out with the Big Shot and the Heart Framelit from the Wood Crates Framelits, also available to order June 1st.
- Blushing Bride is the perfect color for Piggy. Daffodil Delight was used for the sun and flower, Soft Sky for the sky and Crumb Cake for the mud / dirt. The entire card was colored with an Aqua Painter.
- A piece of DSP from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack was used for the crate. The Crate was created by slightly modifying one side of a crate. I snipped a 1/4 inch border around a side of the crate and adhered it to the card by adding a few strips of Fast Fuse Adhesive. The extra adhesive is hidden well by the crate.
There are so many cute images available in the This Little Piggy Stamp Set. I cannot wait to create more Piggy Cards and other paper crafts using this cute set.
This view of the card shows the edges of the crate after cropping it down and scoring and folding the edges to adhere to the card.
This view shows the shadow behind the pig and the top of the crate. Hopefully this will visually help those that would like to CASE the card.
If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Here is my list of items used to create this card. Click on the images to order (some are not available until June 1st). You can also Print a PDF of supplies by clicking the Supply Link below.