Happy Tuesday everyone! I have been debating what to create with next as I still have so many new products from the Stampin’ Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog that I decided to just start from the beginning of the catalog and pull out what first catches my eye. I first had to check to see what the Global Design Project Challenge happened to be this week. Lucky for me it was a sketch and when I saw the Good Tidings Stamp Set, my mind went to work on how I could incorporate the two.
I am a sucker for a white on white card creation so I decided to start with that. The Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies work perfectly to frame a statement so I grabbed the largest circle in the pack and it happened to fit the “Good Tidings of Great Joy” sentiment like they were made for each other.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock Cut to 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5 1/2 in.
- Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 in and adhered to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock cut to 1/2 in x 4 1/4 in and flagged with the Triple Banner Punch.
- The Good Tidings of Great Joy sentiment was colored with Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Markers and stamped on Whisper White Thick Cardstock, then cropped out with the Big Shot and Largest Stitched Circle Framelit Die.
- The Holly Leaves are created with Two-Step Stamping. The darker layer is Always Artichoke stamped in FULL Force onto Whisper White Cardstock. The lighter layer is Always Artichoke stamped off onto scratch paper first and then lined up and stamped over the dark layer. The Holly Berries were the done the same way, only using Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- Each of the images (the small and large) were snipped out with the Paper Snips.
- The lone embellishment is Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine tied into a bow and adhered with a Glue Dot to keep theme with the Global Design Project Sketch.
Stampin’ Up! has done a fabulous job with Two-Step Stamp Sets. It makes it so easy to add depth and dimension to an image.
Fussy cutting is my therapy. If you are not one to Fussy Cut Images with a Paper Snips, then try stamping the images directly on the second layer. It still makes a fabulous Christmas Card for all to enjoy!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
The HOLIDAY CATALOG has been a huge hit! Want to see what everyone is raving about, but don’t have a copy?
View it on-line here!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
HAVE A BIG WISH LIST FOR THE HOLIDAY CATALOG? Earn this EXCLUSIVE, limited-edition Merry Patterns Stamp Set when you place an order of $300 or more (excludes shipping and tax). This promotion includes on-line orders!
HERE’S THE SCOOP!
- Merry Patterns earning period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the dates above and will NOT be available after October 31.
- In order to qualify, the merchandise total must reach $300 (before shipping and handling) or more.
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order.
- Orders must be closed by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 31.
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
I’M GIVING FREE MONTHLY HOOT LOOT! Earn both sizes of Stampin’ Dimensionals (Regular and Mini) with an order of $50 or more (total before shipping and tax). Learn here how you can get the Stampin’ Dimensionals free using my exclusive September Host Code. Orders over $150 will automatically earn the Stampin’ Dimensionals and should not use the host code.