A Watercolor Galaxy Background Meets The All New Hearts Come Home Bundle!
I have been dying to try the galaxy background the has been becoming crazy popular so last night I sat down and gave it a shot. I gotta say, it was extremely quick and easy to do and I am so very happy with the results.
At first my plan was to use the galaxy background with the Graveyard Gate Bundle, but the results were not what I was looking for. So, I thought that the edgelits from the Hearts Come Home Bundle would be perfect to show the beauty of the sky behind the soft lit church and quaint little houses on a neighborhood street.
To get the galaxy background I did the following:
- Items Needed: Watercolor Paper, Aqua Painter and the following Classic Ink Refills
- Night of Navy
- Rich Razzleberry
- Perfect Plum
- Elegant Eggplant
- Dapper Denim
- Whisper White Craft Ink Refill
- I grabbed colors at random and started saturating the Watercolor Paper making sure to allow the lighter colors to peak through! You can easily lift color with your Aqua Painter if you added too much dark. After the color has been added and it has dried completely, you can then grab Whisper White Ink with your Aqua Painter…squeeze some water with it and then tap it above your creation to get the white specks.
- The Joy to the World Sentiment (from the Hearts Come Home Stamp Set) was stamped directly on the galaxy background and then heat embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool!
- I grabbed the Edgelits from the Hometown Greetings Edgelits Dies (part of the Hearts Come Home Bundle, save 10%) and used the one with the church and joined it with the edgelit that has the snowman. I snipped it down to the size I needed to fit my card. I used Shimmery White Cardstock so that I could color it with an Aqua Painter. I used Smoky Slate for the houses and added several layers of color until I obtained the shade that was ideal. I cut small pieces of Shimmery White Cardstock that I colored with Crushed Curry Ink to put behind the church and houses for lighting.
Here is a close up of the galaxy so that you can see the effects of the colors. Make sure that you do not add the color with the Aqua Painter in circular motions, I swipe quickly back and forth.
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?