Take a Look Back at Santa’s Sleigh Christmas Wishes Card!
Today I am taking a look back to a card I made last year when the 2016 Holiday Catalog came out. I didn’t have my blog then, so I wanted to share what has to be one of my favorite Christmas Cards made with the Santa’s Sleigh Photopolymer Stamp Set, Coordinating Santa’s Sleigh Framelits Dies and the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
Most of the items I used on this card are still available, but if they are not, they can easily be swapped out for something else. I’d love to hear what you think about this card. Please feel free to leave a Comment Here.
- Card Base is Whisper White 12 x 12 cardstock cut to 6 in x 12 in and scored/folded at 6 in to create a square card.
- I placed the top flap of the card inside the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and zipped it through the big shot to create the look of snow.
- All images are from the Santa’s Sleigh Stamp Set and were stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Watercolor Paper. I then zipped all images through the Big Shot with their coordinating dies from the Santa’s Sleigh Framelits.
- I colored each image with my Aqua Painter and Classic Inks: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip and Soft Suede.
- I took Smoky Slate Classic Ink and grabbed it with my Aqua Painter to add the shading of the ground. Since this is Whisper White Cardstock, be sure to keep light on the water.
- I cut the Sentiment with my Stampin’ Trimmer and added the Flagged Ends with my Paper Snips. I did the same with the DSP behind it, going to 1/4 inch larger in size.
- I added a wrapping Metallic Thread behind the sentiment. Note: The Red is no longer available but you can purchase it in Black, Silver, Gold and Copper!
- The Bells and Metallic Red and White Baker’s Twine are also No Longer Available but you can swap them out for any current Baker’s Twine and a Boxwood Wreath to wrap around the neck of the reindeer.
- The final touches were added with Cherry Cobbler Enamel Shapes of Stars and Dots.
- The Tree was adhered to the Card Base with Fast Fuse and the rest with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed my step-back in time card using Santa’s Sleigh Stamp Set and Framelits! It was so much fun and pretty simple to create. Stop on back now through Christmas to see other creations made with items that were in the 2016 Holiday Catalog and have moved to the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog.
Have a question? Email me.
Learn here how you can earn the Foil Snowflakes from me with an order of $50 or more using my exclusive October Host Code.
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?