Welcome, Welcome! This week is a VERY BUSY WEEK! I will have two to three posts almost every day so be ready for lots of inspiration and Holiday Extravaganza Deals!
Global Design Project brings a Sketch Challenge #114! I hadn’t dug into my Year of Cheer Suite of products from the 2017 Holiday Catalog as much as I would have liked (outside of the snowflakes), so after receiving the Year of Cheer Embellishments from my upline, I decided to use those products for my card. It is SO HARD to get a good photograph of metallics, I think I must have taken 3 dozen + photos with different lighting, backgrounds etc. I picked the ones I felt showed off the shimmer of the silver the best. This card reminded me of a White Christmas!
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 11 in and scored/folded at 5 1/2 in.
- 2nd Layer is Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper cut 1/8 smaller at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. I adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Silver 3/8 in Metallic Edge Ribbon was wrapped once around the DSP and adhered to the back with Fast Fuse.
- Silver 1/8 in Ribbon was wrapped around the card and secured with a bow.
- I cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 2 1/4 x 6 1/4 in. I then cut six pieces of Silver Foil to 1 in squares with my Stampin’ Trimmer. I added a strip of Fast Fuse to the back to hold my White Solid Bakers Twine in place while I added the Year of Cheer Charms and tied a bow to secure it. I then added Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered them, evenly spaced, to the Whisper White Cardstock Strip.
- I stamped the Merry Christmas Sentiment (from the Half Full Stamp Set) in Versamark onto Whisper White Cardstock. I covered it in Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated it with my Heat Tool. Then I fussy cut it with Paper Snips and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added to all 6 squares and the center of the bursts on the DSP.
I love the Mixed Metals in the Year of Cheer Suite. I have used the Foil Snowflakes on so many projects. They are one of my all-time favorite accessories from Stampin’ Up! Click on the image above to view all items included in the Year of Cheer Suite from the 2017 Holiday Catalog.
I hope you enjoyed my card for the Global Design Project Sketch Challenge #114! Please be sure to visit the Global Design Project Blog to see all the inspiration from the rest of the design team and the submissions from the others who play along!
My list of products used in this post:
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code UWCQMVWJ and you will earn the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush for FREE! See more details by clicking the image below.
Ready to place an order?