#tgifc149 Color & The Blossoming Basket Bundle
Happy Friday! TGIFC149
Thank God It’s Friday and time for a color challenge! The color combination this week is Lemon Lime Twist, Emerald Envy, and Gold! Those colors just scream ST PATRICK’s DAY so I went ahead and created an St. Paddy’s Day Card. I just received the Blossoming Basket Bundle, a Level 2 Sale-a-Bration Item, so I was itching to ink it up and play.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Gold Glimmer Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Crop out the center using a Stampin’ Trimmer or Rectangle Die (the Sliding Door Die works wonderfully).
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Place inside the Basket Weave Embossing Folder and zip through the Big Shot. Line it up with the Gold Glimmer Paper and secure in place with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the piece of Gold Glimmer Paper that was cropped out of the middle, run it through the Big Shot (2 times) with the greenery die from the Sweet Cake Framelits.
- Ink the basket from the Blossoming Basket Stamp Set in Basic Black Archival Ink and stamp on Shimmery White Cardstock.
- Color the basket and flowers with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Lemon-Lime Twist, Emerald Envy, Soft Suede. Snip out the basket using a Paper Snips.
- Place the Gold Glimmer pieces behind the basket, securing with Snail Adhesive. Adhere the basket to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ink the small heart from the Sweet Home Stamp Set in Emerald Envy and create a 4-leaf clover as shown. Draw a stem with your Emerald Envy Stampin’ Write Marker. Cut out with a Paper Snips. Add the Lemon-Lime Twist Glitter Enamel Dot to the center and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Ink the Happy St. Patrick’s Day sentiment (from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set) in Emerald Envy Ink and stamp on Whisper White Cardstock. Trim with your Paper Snips and Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
March is the final month to earn FREE Sale-a-Bration Items. With the Level 2 Items (FREE with $100 Purchase), Stampin’ Up! has done a wonderful job stepping up the offerings! I LOVE the Blossoming Basket Bundle! The Basket Weave Embossing Folder is phenomenal and the Blossoming Basket Stamp Set coordinates perfectly!
The coloring of the flowers was so much fun. I went over parts of the petals several times with my Lemon Lime Twist Ink, allowing it to dry before adding more color. I love how easily it is to add shading with the Lemon Lime Twist. I colored the center of the flowers with Emerald Envy and the basket with Soft Suede.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code F93292MH and you will earn BOTH the True Gentleman Buttons -and- Linen Thread for FREE, a $10.50 Value!