Pals Blog Hop October 2018 – Wicked Folds
Welcome to the Pals October 2018 Blog Hop. It’s a spooky time of year so watch out for “Wicked Folds” while you hop from blog to blog. We promise not to be too scary.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along.
A Dashing Deer Double Gatefold Christmas Card!
So, this is my first-ever gatefold / double gatefold card! I don’t do many non-traditional sized cards, but this one was quick and easy and I am in love with the results. I have to give credit to Dawn Olchefske for the step-by-step instructions on creating the double gatefold. Instead of going with a Halloween Themed card, I decided that I wanted to use the Dashing Deer Bundle to create this stunning Christmas themed card.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper to 5 1/2″ x 12″.
- Use the Stampin’ Trimmer or Simply Scored Tool to add score lines at 2″, 4″, 8″, and 10″. Mark each end (lightly with a pencil) at 2 3/4″. Cut each side at a diagonal from the pencil mark up to the end of the 4″ score line. Adhere the cut-off pieces to the inside bottom of the paper, ensuring that the opposite design is showing. Fold the 4″ and 8″ score lines to the inside and the 2″ and 10″ score lines to the outside.
- Cut a piece of Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper to 1 1/4″ x 12″. Score at 4″ and 8″. Fold in at the score lines and adhere the top pieces together to create a band. Wrap several times with Copper Metallic Thread and secure with a knot.
- Crop the following with a Big Shot Die-Cutting Tool and the following dies:
- Merry Merlot Cardstock with the largest scalloped circle die from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock with the largest stitched shaped circle die from the Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies.
- Copper Foil Sheet with the 4 small flowers and 2 filigree corners from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies. TIP: Use the Take Your Pick Tool to easily remove the Copper Foil from the detailed dies.
- Stamp the deer in Soft Suede Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Crop with the coordinating die from the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies.
- Cut a piece of Copper Foil to 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Flag the ends with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Adhere the Merry Merlot Scalloped Circle to the belly band with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add two strips of Snail Adhesive to the top of the circle and add loops of Copper Metallic Thread.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake Stitched Circle Die with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the remaining die cuts and flagged banner as shown with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the top image in Versamark onto Whisper White Cardstock. Cover with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Merry Merlot Cardstock to 3 1/2″ x 5″. Adhere to the center of the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 3 1/4″ x 4 7/8″. Zip through the Big Shot in between the Softly Falling Textured Impression Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Merry Merlot Cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Crop two pieces of Whisper White Cardstock using the edgelit from the In the Woods Framelits Dies. Stamp the sentiment in Soft Suede Ink onto the left side of the cropped piece. Adhere the pieces together with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Trim to size and adhere to the card (Stampin’ Dimensionals).
- Stamp the two small deer from the Dashing Deer Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Crop with the coordinating framelits and a Big Shot. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I just love creating the look of snow drifts by using the edgelit die from the In The Woods Framelits Dies set. It creates a perfect canvas to place the two small deer on. Insert love button here.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 14, 2018, for the next Pals Blog Hop. November is time for “Anything But a Card” where the Pals will feature creations suitable for holiday gifting. Don’t miss the fun!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie at Maggie Made Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Last year for the Pals Blog Hop, I created this Halloween Easel Invitation. You can see details on how it was made by clicking on the image above, which will take you to last year’s blog post.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!