Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
As I scanned my shelves lined with stamp sets, I was hoping one would catch my eye that I had yet to ink up…lets just say, there are a lot more of those sets then I want to admit…but, since the birds will soon be returning to us in Northern Wisconsin, this one called to me…and I am so happy that it did.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Cajun Craze Cardstock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8″. Zip through the Big Shot tucked inside the Petal Burst Embossing Folder. Adhere to the card, slanted slightly to the left, with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Vellum Cardstock to 3 3/4 x 5″. Adhere, slanted slightly to the right, with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use a Clear Block D to randomly stamp the background image in Jet Black Stāzon ink onto the right side of a 3 1/2 x 4 3/4″ piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. Use an Aqua Painter to add Soft Suede Ink, starting on the left side and filling to the right to keep the shadowed look. Use the Classic Label Punch to notch the top and bottom of the cardstock at 1/2″ in from the right side. Wrap with one loop of Linen Thread, securing with a bow. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thread a True Gentleman Button with Linen Thread and adhere as shown with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Use the Stamparatus to stamp the bird and sentiment in Jet Black Stāzon ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Crop the sentiment using the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, and Bunch of Labels Framelit Die. Snip the flagged end off the right side and adhere, tucked under the Linen Thread as shown, with a Snail Adhesive. TIP: Only adhere the right side so that you can pop the left side up like a flag.
- Color the bird using an Aqua Painter and the following classic inks: Blueberry Bushel, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, and Crushed Curry. Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I find my inspiration for my watercolor images on Pinterest. This bird was close to the first one that popped up in my search feed and I knew immediately that I wanted to use the same colors on my creation. Blueberry Bushel, Cajun Craze, and Soft Suede are colors like work well with an Aqua Painter. Depth can be obtained rather easily if you keep the water amounts low. What do you think?
I love the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies..they are so versatile and make sentiment cropping a breeze. I probably use this flagged banner the most and it just happened to fit this sentiment to a T. Love when that happens, don’t you?
Vellum Cardstock adds the perfect touch of softness to match the watercolor image. Adhere the layers slanted slightly for a touch of artistic feel. I love, love, love this.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
March 2019 Pals Blog Hop Line-Up!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! —YOU ARE HERE—
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping