Welcome to my FIRST & LAST ‘blog hop’ as part of the Fancy Friday Design Team! Confused? Please read on for the details! A little change but it should be fun and easy to follow.
We’re shaking things up this year on the Fancy Friday Design Team! This will be our last official ‘blog hop’ because we’re moving in a new direction! We’ll be posting a challenge on the first Friday of every month over on Instagram and Facebook. And then we’ll show you our team projects as the month progresses. We can’t wait to have you around so any time you’re inspired by our challenge, tag us in or use hashtag #stampinfancyfriday. Ok, it’s time! Go follow us on Instagram and Facebook – @stampinfancyfriday. Stay inspired. See you there!
When I saw the Stampin’ Up! Honey Bee Bundle in the 2020 Mini Catalog, I immediately thought of a shaker card. So, when the first challenge announced for the Stampin’ Fancy Friday was Shake It, I knew exactly what set I was going to use.
Don’t you think it is a fabulous option for a shaker card? The shakers represent the honey and do so perfectly!
If you follow me, you know that I love to use an Aqua Painter on 90% of my creations. This Honey Bee shaker card is no exception.
- With a Paper Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″. (this is your card base).
- Cut a piece of Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper to 4 1/4 x 5 1/4″. Adhere to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut two pieces of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4″. Zip one through a die-cutting and embossing machine, two times, cropping out the honeycombs.
- Place the honeycomb die-cuts back in place (as shown) and add the watercolor wash with an Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry Classic Ink. Allow to dry completely.
- Flick ink from a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker onto the card.
- Use a Stamping Sponge wedge to lightly add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the honeycomb die-cuts and the rest of the Shimmery White Cardstock. Adhere to a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Window Sheet.
- Adhere Foam Adhesive Strips around the backside of each honeycomb die-cut. Note: You can easily curve the strips to neatly adhere around the honeycombs. Add Iridescent Sequins. Adhere the 2nd piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to the Foam Adhesive Strips and then to the card with Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp the hive in Daffodil Delight Classic Ink. Use an Aqua Painter to add depth by adding Crushed Curry around the edges and towards the middle. Crop with the coordinating die-cut. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the three bees in Jet Black Stāzon Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Add Crushed Curry with an Aqua Painter. Crop with the coordinating die-cuts. Adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark Ink onto a piece of Basic Black Cardstock that has been rubbed with an Embossing Buddy. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove the excess and set with a Heat Tool. Trim to size and adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Adhere black and gold sequins (Peaceful Poppies Sequins) with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen. .
If this is your first time stopping by my blog, I truly want to thank you for being here! I am so very honored. I do my best to provide inspiration as well as step-by-step instructions to my creations so that you can make them too! You can view my PDF Tutorial Library Here. You can also subscribe to my Newsletter and Blog Updates so you don’t miss out on future posts!
Crushed Curry (or Gold), Basic Black and Whisper White are the perfect colors to use when creating with bees and honey 🙂 Don’t you think?
Be sure to click on the button below to visit the rest of the Stampin’ Fancy Friday Design Team to see the entire blog hop line-up and to gain oodles of inspiration for “Shake It” creations!
My creation features the Honey Bee Bundle that coordinates with the Sale-A-Bration Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper that you can EARN FOR FREE!
FREE? Yes FREE! During Sale-A-Bration you can earn FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration Promotion Catalog. How? For every $50 spent on any Stampin’ Up! products (before tax and shipping), choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. There’s no limit! Choose something amazing for FREE with every $50 purchase, or spend $100 for additional product options! Look for the reward icons in the Sale-A-Bration Promotion Catalog.
DON’T HAVE A COPY OF THE CATALOGS? You can download them via the links below:
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code BWV3B6CZ and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of ANY Current Item valued at $10 or less! (PLUS YOU GET A FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEM!)
Click on the image below, it takes you right to my store so you can begin shopping NOW!
THREE IS BETTER THAN ONE! Become a part of Stampin’ Up!, The Hootenannies, & Mary Fish’s Pals Stamping Community!
- Purchasing the starter kit! Joining Stampin’ Up! includes access to exclusive Stampin’ Up! ideas and resources!
- Purchasing the starter kit and joining through me includes access to the Hootenannies AND the Stampin’ Pretty Pals Pals private Facebook groups and community. Immerse yourself at any level you like in daily stamping discussion, prizes, polls, ideas and inspiration, recognition, friendship, and fun!
- SALE-A-BRATION STARTER KIT BONUS! Jan. 3 – March 31, 2020 ONLY!
- For $99 (plus tax), you get:
- up to $125 in products of your choice. the only exceptions are Sale-A-Bration and host rewards products.
- a FREE new Mini Paper Cutter
- a FREE 6 x 6 paper sampler of the new designer series paper
- your choice of a FREE stamp set (any price)
- the kit ships free (another 10% savings)
- YAY DISCOUNT! Then save 20-25% on future purchases, with no obligation to buy, sell or stay active…do it for the discount and for you!
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!