Welcome to the 2020 Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!
The Stampin’ Up! 2020 Artisan Design Team has so many over-the-top, amazingly stunning creations for you to see! I hope that you take the time to check out all 16 blogs!
This blog hop features RETIRING Stampin’ Rewards Exclusive Stamp Sets, also known as HOST sets. These sets can only be “earned” with a qualifying order or workshop of $150 or more! You can read more about these exclusive stamp sets below. The stamp set I am featuring is from the 2020 Jan – June Mini Catalog called “Make a Splash”.
When I first saw this stamp set, I knew I wanted to create something with watercolor and test my ability to “Make a Splash”. It was actually much easier than I anticipated. All I needed was my handy Aqua Painter, some Jet Black Stazon Ink, a few Stampin’ Up! Classic Stampin’ Pads, and the fabulous Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
I wanted the watercolor to be the star of the show, so I kept the rest of the card fairly simple. The cards took about 15 – 20 min each to create, so you can easily sit down and make a stack of cards and send one to each of your friends.
My card bases were created with Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- The single bowl card base is a standard sized 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- The double bowl card base measures 6 x 4 1/4.
I stamped all line images using Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper sized the same as the card bases.
TIP: Use a Stamparatus so that you can re-stamp the image if you do not get good coverage the first go round.
I used an Aqua Painter and Balmy Blue Classic Ink to watercolor the water in the bowls and the splashes.
The countertop lines were stamped using parts of the “water line” from the stamp set. The countertop is colored with Gray Granite Classic Ink.
I waited for them to dry completely before stamping the fish in Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink.
I stamped the crab in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink, then used a Paper Snips to snip him out (as well as the other fish and fish bowl). They were all positioned and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I distressed the edges of the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper with a Bone Folder before adhering it to a piece of Basic Black Cardstock of the same size with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I then adhered it to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
Stamp the sentiments (We’ll Walrus Be Friends & Make a Splash) in Versamark Ink onto a piece of Basic Black Cardstock that has been rubbed with an Embossing Buddy. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove the excess and set with a Heat Tool! Trim the sentiments to size with Paper Snips or a Paper Trimmer.
Adhere to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
What is the Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Rewards Program?
SIMPLE & FLEXIBLE! Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Rewards offer ways to earn FREE products starting with a product order of $150 or more (total before shipping and tax).
Stampin’ Rewards are based on the total amount spent in any SINGLE ORDER. For example, once you spend $150 on your favorite items, you’ll get an extra 10% ($15 in this case) to apply towards more products of your choosing. The more you spend, the more you get! Spend $450 or more and you’ll also get one item at 50% off regular price. You’ll find more information when you checkout online. Watch for the CLAIM REWARDS button located below the add to cart button as your order total increases.
- Earn Stampin’ Rewards and redeem them as you wish.
- Choose ANY current Stampin’ Up! products, PLUS 10% off bundles and specially priced exclusive host (Stampin’ Rewards) stamp sets.
- Promotional products (for example, Sale-A-Bration Items) are excluded.
- With a product total of $450 or more, get 50% off one full-priced item.
- The more you spend the more Stampin’ Rewards you earn.
- If you have any questions about the Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Rewards Program, please email me for a prompt answer.
Be sure to click on the links below to visit the rest of the Stampin’ Up! 2020 Artisan Design Team to see the entire blog hop line-up and to gain oodles of inspiration for the RETIRING Stampin’ Rewards Exclusive Host Stamp Sets!
The extremely talented Tammy Wilson, Stamp Paper Scissors is next in line. Be sure to check out the fabulous creations she has for you!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code QYVEUW7Y and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of ANY Current Item valued at $10 or less!
Click on the image above, it takes you right to my store so you can begin shopping NOW!
THREE IS BETTER THAN ONE! Become a part of Stampin’ Up!, The Hootenannies, & Mary Fish’s Pals Stamping Community!
- Purchasing the starter kit! Joining Stampin’ Up! includes access to exclusive Stampin’ Up! ideas and resources!
- Purchasing the starter kit and joining through me includes access to the Hootenannies AND the Stampin’ Pretty Pals Pals private Facebook groups and community. Immerse yourself at any level you like in daily stamping discussion, prizes, polls, ideas and inspiration, recognition, friendship, and fun!
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!