Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Does a shark qualify as a critter? Well, I do believe they are adorable and cute, so I decided that they qualified just fine.
I never really jumped on the “Baby Shark” bandwagon, I am not even sure I have heard the song outside of other people singing it. But…I was in the mood to watercolor as it seems like it has been so long since I have.
This bundle was so fun to use and the images were perfect for fulfilling my need to add a touch of color with a Water Painter and Classic Ink.
NOTE: This card is large, designed to fit a full sheet of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
Begin by cutting a piece of Basic White Thick Cardstock to 10 1/2 x 7 1/4. Score and fold at 5 1/4.
Adhere a 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 piece of Night of Navy Cardstock to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
Use a Water Painter and the following Classic Inks to create the ocean scene onto a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper: Seaside Spray (sky), Night of Navy and Pacific Point (sea). Allow to dry completely. Adhere to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
TIP: I kept my Water Painters on the dryer side to create the brushed look in the sky and sea. I started with Pacific Point on the bottom then added Night of Navy for some depth.
Use a Stamparatus to stamp the sharks in Jet Black Stazōn Ink onto a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with a Water Painter and Smoky Slate Classic Ink. Crop with the coordinating Shark Dies and Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use a Water Painter to color a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock with the following colors: Pear Pizzazz (plants), Pool Party (bubbles). Adhere to an Adhesive Sheet. Crop with the coordinating Shark Dies and Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Adhere to the card as shown.
Use a Stamparatus to position and stamp “Daddy” in Night of Navy Classic Ink as shown.
Use a Stamparatus to position and stamp the “I Love You” in Versamark Ink. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Set with a Heat Tool.
Adhere a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock to a Foam Adhesive Sheet. Crop the “SHARK” using the Playful Alphabets Dies and a Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Adhere to the card as shown.
SHARK FRENZY BUNDLE | 156213 | $37.75
The Shark Frenzy Bundle includes the Shark Frenzy Stamp Set and the Shark Dies.
SHARK FRENZY STAMP SET
Create a loving family of sharks, from baby to grandpa. Dress them up with stamped accessories. 22 photopolymer stamps
DIe-cut a school of sweet sharks, complete with accessories for dressing them up. 16 dies
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created!
Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! – YOU ARE HERE!!-
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!