Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Sentiment as a Focal Point.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’m not one to do many fun-fold projects (that is the theme for next month’s blog hop), but I had the idea of using the Basic Borders Dies to make the gatefold design even more “fun”. I love how it turned out and I have a few other creations started using some of the other Basic Borders Dies to create more gatefold designs. Stay tuned!
The Words of Cheer Bundle includes the Words of Cheer Stamp Set and the Christmas Cheer Dies.
WORDS OF CHEER PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Send some holiday spirit with your Christmas cards this year with the Words of Cheer Stamp Set! This stamp set comes with a variety of Christmas sentiments that are perfect for classic Christmas cards. Or get creative and repeatedly stamp the various sentiments on plain paper to make your very own customized gift-wrapping paper.
CHRISTMAS CHEER DIES
Let your Christmas cheer pop off the page with the Christmas Cheer Dies! This die set comes with festive foliage to decorate your chosen sentiment.
Begin with a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Basic White Thick Cardstock. Score at 2 1/4 and 6 3/8. Fold both towards the center of the card (gatefold).
Use a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and the Basic Borders Die to crop the edges off each end of the gatefold.
TIP: I used washi tape to hold my dies in place and keep the top of the curve right on the edge of the cardstock.
Layer and adhere a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Basic White Cardstock to a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 piece of Basic Black Cardstock together and to the inside of the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Use a Stamparatus to position and stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto the center.
Use a Stamparatus to stamp the floral Image in Versamark Ink onto the flaps of the gatefold and one more time onto a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock. Cover all with Black Basic Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Tap to remove the excess, set with a Heat Tool.
Cut a 1 1/4 x 9 inch piece of Basic Black Cardstock and wrap around the center of the gatefold card base, adhere together (not the card) on the front side with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Double Wrap with White Essentials Baker’s Twine, securing with a bow.
Color the embossed image on the Shimmery White Cardstock with a Water Painter, Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow Classic Inks. Crop with the coordinating Christmas Cheer Die. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp the “Happy” and “Holidays” sentiments in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. Cover with White Basics Stampin’ Emboss Power. Tap to remove excess. Set with a Heat Tool. Cut out closely with Paper Snips. Adhere with snipped-to-size Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Embellish with Matte Black Dots.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created!
Please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 13th. Our theme will be Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects when participants showcase fun fold cards or 3D items that will be great for any occasion. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! <<<YOU ARE HERE>>>
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Kim Webb at Just Paper, LLC
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!