Welcome to The Remarkable InkBig Blog Hop for May 2017. This month our theme is “Sneak Peek”. We will be showcasing new product that will be available in the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog – Stampin’ Hoot!, Stesha Bloodhart or you may have come from the person previous to me in the list. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you don’t miss any of the fabulous projects being shared today.
The card I am sharing with you today is a sneak peek to the fabulous Daisy Delight Bundle, available to order June 1st! I love creating a card with a stamp that coordinates with a punch! It’s quick, simple and you can finish in a flash. The Daisy Punch is very versatile, you can use it along with the coordinating stamp from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set or use it with your favorite Designer Series Paper for a gorgeous one-of-a-kind flower.
This bundle is part of a suite in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. The Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper is gorgeous! As you can see when viewing my Gallery of Creations that I am a huge fan of watercolor. I incorporate the watercolor wash background technique into several of my creations. I think it gives the cards a soft feel, just like this gorgeous paper, which you can see in the picture below.
- The card base is Thick Whipser White Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 8.5 and scored / folded at 4.25 in.
- Tranquil Tide Cardstock was cut to 4 in x 5.25 in and adhered to the card base with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Early Espresso Cardstock was cut to 3.5 in x 4.25 in and used as a mat under the Whisper White Cardstock that was cut to the same size. Prior to adhering the Whisper White to the Early Espresso, it was sandwiched between the 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Hexagons Embossing Folder (whew, long name) and zipped through the Big Shot.
- I cut a 6 inch piece of the All New 1/4″ Copper Trim and wrapped it around the Whisper White and Early Espresso card stock prior to adhering it to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals (used to hold the copper trim and cardstock in place, another double bang for your buck).
- I used the Layering Circle Framelits Dies (in conjuction with the Big Shot) to cut the Tranquil Tide and Early Espresso Cardstock as the circle mats under the daisy.
- I stamped the Daisy from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set in Early Espresso twice and then quickly cropped them out using the All New Coordinating Daisy Punch. I alternated the petals to make the daisy look more full then adhered the two pieces together with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The Three Bees are from the Dragonfly Dreams Photopolymer Stamp Set. They were also stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink and then fussy cut / snipped with the Paper Snips. I added some shimmer to each the bees by brushing them with the Clear Wink of Stella Brush. You can see the shimmer in the photo below.
- The Thank You Sentiment is from the Thankful Thoughts Stamp Set. I stamped it on a scrap piece of Whisper White and quickly flagged the end using the Banner Triple Punch (my go-to punch).
- The final touch to the card was added by the Gold Faceted Gem adhered to the middle of the Daisy. The perfect embellishment to represent the middle of a cone flower.
- I always like to coordinate my envelopes with the card. This time I stamped the daisy (twice, 2nd one rotated slightly from the first) on both a Whisper White Medium Envelope and the inside bottom left corner of the card.
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don’t want to miss. Remember that currently you are at my blog – Stampin’ Hoot!, Stesha Bloodhart, so check the blog hop line up list to see who is next in the list.
Here is my Product Supply List. Some of the items are not available for purchase until June 1st.
Click on the pictures to shop or click on the link below to print a pdf.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!