A Touch of Texture for Tic Tac Toe Challenge Board 006 #TTTC006
I have found my love for challenges! They make me think bigger, better and outside my ‘box’. The TTTC006 Challenge Board had me grab a set and use the images I haven’t used yet. I have seen samples and have been wowed and inspired but haven’t gone ahead and created with it until now. I decided to go with the bottom row, across on the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Board choosing Honey, Plaid and Wood-grain! The Honey is represented by the Honey Bees. The Plaid is represented by the All-New Night Of Navy 1/2″ Gingham Ribbon (Love, Love, Love!). The Wood-Grain is represented by the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper.
I tend to navigate towards square cards. I don’t know if it because it allows me to have a larger palette to create my work of art or if it is just the symmetry that draws me in. I would say 50% of my creations end up square. I ordered all available 12 x 12 cardstock and hadn’t used it yet, so when I decided to go with the Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon, I checked to see if I had Night of Navy 12 x 12…and I did! So my 6×6 card was born!
The next item I picked out was the Wood Grain DSP from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (one of my top-ten items from the 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog). I wanted to stamp directly on the DSP so I chose to go with the white, one of the many tones available in the stack (see the variety below). Since I was planning on using Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the floral images, I didn’t need to use an archival ink so I went with Always Artichoke Classic Ink for all floral greenery. The Honey Bee and Dragonfly images were stamped in Soft Suede Classic Ink.
I have wanted to expand my use of Stampin’ Up! Ink Colors (I tend to hover around the same colors for my creations) so I grabbed one that I do not remember using in a very long time. I wanted to stay within the Regals family so I thought Rose Red was perfect for adding color to the large flower images. I wanted the middle of the flower to coordinate with the honey bees so I used Crushed Curry (one of my favorite colors) for the center of the flower as well as some of the smaller petals.
The wonderful sentiment is from the Layering Love Stamp Set. I stamped it in Rose Red Classic Ink to compliment the flowers. I also layered a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock behind the Wood Textures DSP. I wrapped the Night Of Navy 1/2″ Gingham Ribbon around the Crumb Cake / Wood Textures DSP prior adhering it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Touches of Texture Stamp Set is an all-time favorite of mine. Although this is the first time I have used the floral images from the set, I have used the texture images several times on past creations. It is the perfect addition; that subtle touch of texture to step up a work of art. Take a stroll through my Pinterest Board, can you tell which cards contain a touch of texture?
I hope you have enjoyed my creation for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Please hop on over and check out all the wonderful submissions and great design team creations! It’s great inspiration all on one page! If you have any questions on today’s card, please feel free to email me or leave a comment on this post. I will respond with an answer pronto!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
STAMPIN’ UP! BONUS DAYS! JULY 1 – 31. EARN IN JULY. REDEEM IN AUGUST!
- For every $50 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between July 1-31, you’ll earn a $5.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between August 1 – 31, 2017.
EARNING (JULY 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- Keep Your Codes! Save both the email containing your Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be re-sent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Requires Email! An email address is required to participate; bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- No Limit! There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
REDEEMING (AUGUST 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- No Limit! There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- What Will You Use Your Coupon Codes For? Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any Stampin’ Up! product, excluding Starter Kits, Stampin’ (Host) Rewards and Paper Pumpkin month to month subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin kits (1, 3, 6 and 12 month fixed subscriptions) can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
THE BEST JULY DEAL OF ALL! The $99 Starter Kit is a fabulous way to purchase Stampin’ Up! products at a discount. Get $72 worth of BONUS products when you purchase the $99 Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! in July. No risk. No obligation to purchase anything further. No penalty to drop!
I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! Purchase the kit and join through me and enjoy the benefits of being part of my team – The Hootenannies. My community is pressure-free, friendly and loaded with exclusive paper crafting ideas and resources (and you the get benefit of also being part of the Pals). Get the full scoop here and please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions. I’m happy to help.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!