I have been checking out different challenges to participate in and noticed this Color Challenge 116 over at Fab Friday. I tend to keep my cards to 2 or 3 colors so I thought the use of 5 colors on one card was intriguing and wanted to give it a shot. I have been meaning to put my Wood Words Bundle to use but just hadn’t had the right moment, until now.
The bunch of flowers stamp was perfect to incorporate all the colors from the challenge and was so easy to do using our Stampin’ Write Markers. I first stamped the image in Basic Gray Archival Ink so the images wouldn’t bleed when I colored over it with the Stampin’ Write Markers. I didn’t bother too much with staying in the lines as I wanted the colors to stand out! I even added color over the more solid floral images and I like the depth that they Basic Gray adds. Stampin’ Write Markers are available to purchase in Color Families. You can also purchase the Many Marvelous Marker Tote that includes all families except for the In-Color. The tote comes with room to add the In-Colors to the case.
All images were stamped on my favorite Shimmery White Cardstock. The largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Framelits was used for the rising sun. I used an Aqua Painter to apply Daffodil Delight Ink, light in the middle and heavier around the edges. The Rooster was stamped in Berry Burst and the Welcome Sentiment was stamped in Tangerine Tango.
The Wood Textures Suite and Wood Words Bundle is one of my favorites in the New 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Simplicity and a little bit of Country Feel remind me of my childhood. I have used the Wood Textures DSP the most out of all the new Designer Series Papers in the catalog. It is very versatile, especially with the large array of wood tones in one pack.
- Card Base is Bermuda Bay Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored at 5.5 in to make a stand-up tall standard size card.
- The Wood Textures DSP was cut to 4 in x 5.25 in, placed in-between the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and zipped through the Big Shot. I just love the look it gives. I wrapped Bermuda Bay 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon and then Linen Thread around the DSP prior to adhering it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I made a bow with the Linen Thread and adhered it where I wanted it with a Glue Dot.
- I stamped the Floral Image in Basic Gray Archival Ink and trimmed it down to 2 in x 3.75 in. I colored the images with the Stampin’ Write Markers and adhered it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The largest Stitched Framelits Circle was used for the sun and colored in with an Aqua Painter and Daffodil Delight Classic Ink. I let it dry completely and then stamped the Welcome sentiment in Tangerine Tango and then adhered to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Rooster was stamped on Shimmery White with Berry Burst In-Color Ink and cropped out with the Coordinating Die and Big Shot. It was adhered with, what else? Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you are inspired by my creation. It was my first time playing along with Fab Friday and I hope play again for the next challenge.
6 thoughts on “Wood Words Welcome for Fab Friday 116”
This is great! I would never have paired the colors with such a rustic set but you totally made it work! Fabulous! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!
Thank You Mindy! It was fun to make!
What a bright and cheery take on this set! It’s been waiting to get inked on my desk for a while – I think maybe I need to re-think the colors I’d been planning! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!
Thank you Heather! I loved the challenge, it made me use colors I do not normally use and I think they are wonderful together!
So glad you joined us! Your card is adorable and I love the layout! The flower stamp was a great way to show off all 5 of our colors! Well done! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!
I had fun creating! Thank you Amanda!