Welcome to a Color Challenge with the Global Design Project! I just love these colors of Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz for Christmas! So I decided to grab the Leaf Punch and use it to create a Christmas Wreath as I have seen others do. I love the results and I hope you do too!
Cherry Cobbler is my favorite red. So rich in color and it tends to coordinate well with so many others. I was leery about what I was going to do with the Pool Party, but it does work well with these colors. I decided to keep it subtle and make the Pear Pizzazz my main focus.
The first thing I did when presented with this color combination was grab my Designer Series Paper binder and made a search for a piece that had a color within this combination. When I found the piece of Pear Pizzazz from the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP Pack, I knew that is what I wanted to use for the start of my design.
The leaves reminded me of the Leaf Punch and I have been wanting to try the wreath that my upline, Mary Fish, first presented about a month ago. I love the Watercolor Christmas Stamp Set from the 2017 Holiday Catalog and wanted to incorporate it into my design as well. The sentiment ‘Merriest Christmas Wishes’ called-to me and I envisioned it within the center of my wreath. In order to make a wreath big enough to encase the sentiment, I decided to go with a 6 in x 6 in square card.
- Card Base is Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock cut to 6 in x 12 in and scored/folded at 6 in.
- 2nd Layer is the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP cut to 5 3/4 in x 5 3/4 in, adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 3rd Layer is Cherry Cobbler Cardstock cut to 5 1/4 in x 5 1/4 in, adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- 4th Layer is Pool Party Cardstock cut to 5 in x 5 in, adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 5th Layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4 7/8 in x 4 7/8 in, adhered with Fast Fuse.
- I stamped the sentiment from Watercolor Christmas in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink in the middle of the Whisper White Square.
- I stamped 24 Leaf images from the Painted Harvest Stamp Set in Pear Pizzazz on Whisper White and quickly cropped them with the coordinating leaf punch. I then adhered the top leaf to another leaf, lining it up at the intersection of the three leaves and securing it with a Mini Glue Dot. After gluing them all together, I then shaped it into a circle and secured it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I grabbed the Pool Party 3/8 in. Shimmer Ribbon, created a bow and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot.
- I added Enamel Shapes in Cherry Cobbler and Pool Party as a final touch!
I hope you are inspired to try a Leaf Punch Wreath! They are simple to create and I think they look fabulous!
Make sure to visit Global Design Project to see what the rest of the Design Team and participants have created for this color challenge. They are all fabulous!
The products used in this post:
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code UWCQMVWJ and you will earn the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush for FREE! See more details by clicking the image below.
Ready to place an order?