Welcome to another week with the Global Design Project. This week is CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) THE DESIGNER and it happens to be the extremely talented Connie Collins! We were given the beautiful Fall pumpkin card shown below to CASE and I was more than happy to oblige. I had already stamped and cut the sunflowers for another project I was unable to complete so I decided to use them for mine.
Every time I look at Connie’s card I see more detail than I had before. I just now noticed the Perfect White Accents that she has removed the backing on to add an array of clear enamel circles. Love it, never thought of that!
Here are the details of my card:
- The stamp set I used is Painted Harvest, which is part of a bundle that includes the wonderful Leaf Punch. Be sure to purchase the bundle to save yourself 10%.
- The Card Base is Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock. I cut it to a standard size of 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored/folded at 5.5 in.
- The 2nd Layer is Early Espresso Cardstock cut 1/4 in smaller than the Card Base at 4 in x 5 1/4 in. It adhered to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The 3rd Layer is Very Vanilla Cardstock cut 1/8 in smaller than the 2nd Layer at 3 7/8 in x 5 1/8 in. It adhered to the 2nd Layer with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- The Sunflowers were stamped on Very Vanilla Cardstock with the following Classic Ink Colors: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso. Each Sunflower was fussy cut with Paper Snips, placed strategically on the 3rd Layer. As it found its place on the edges, I snipped off the overlap and found a new home for the snipped pieces to fill in the 3rd Layer with Sunflowers. I then stamped the leaves and ferns with Early Espresso. I quickly cropped the leaves out with the coordinating punch and fussy cut the ferns. I found their home and adhered them with Fast Fuse.
- I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso on a strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock cut to 1 in x 3 1/4 in. The end was quickly flagged with the Banner Triple Punch. I then cut a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock to 1 1/8 in x 3 1/2 in and snipped the end to complement the top layer.
- I took the 1/4 in copper trim, pulled it apart to create a piece of mesh and layered it underneath the sentiment prior to adhering it to Top Layer. I added several loops of Linen Thread to the end, securing it with a bow.
I have had so much fun making so many creations with the Painted Harvest Bundle and plan to create so much more. From traditional sunflower colors to non-traditional, all look stunning. Please let me know what you think of my creation, leave a Comment Here.
Be sure to check out all the other Design Team Creations as well as the other talented crafters that play along with this weeks CASE the Designer.
Here is the list of products used in my Painted Harvest GDP112 Post:
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code UWCQMVWJ and you will earn the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush for FREE! See more details by clicking the image below.
Ready to place an order?