Perennial Birthday Card – Case the Designer GDP128
Are you ready to CASE one of my FAVORITE Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators?
GDP128: CASE the Designer, Steffi Helmschrott is an extremely talented demonstrator from Germany! I absolutely LOVE her style and stalk her Instagram account for inspiration. I was excited to see that I would get the chance to create a card CASEing her wonderful work. This card is simple, yet elegant and well put together. I love portrait style cards as I think they stand out against the popular A2 sized cards.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock to 4″ x 8 1/4″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 7/8″ x 8 1/8″. Apply Calypso Coral ink using the Smooching Technique. (Download the Tutorial on the Smooching Technique HERE)
- Stamp the flower and leaf images in Versamark Ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock. TIP: Put all stamps on a Clear Block D and stamp at once to save time! Add White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Snip out with a Paper Snips.
- Adhere flowers and leaves as shown using Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday Sentiment in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. Add White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Snip out with a Paper Snips. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color 5 Clear Epoxy Circles with a Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Marker. Adhere as shown.
I received the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set as part of my Display Board Stamper Kit. I was selected to create items to display at OnStage (a large gathering of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators) in November. I hadn’t used the stamp set since I created my display board items, so I thought it was time to dust it off and put it to use again. It was the perfect set to CASE Steffi’s creation.
I also had to (literally) dust off my Watercolor Pencils. It has been months since I used them and they are such a fabulous tool for easily adding color to images. Mix it with a Blender Pen to get a smooth look and voila, you have a quickly colored card that is easy to duplicate. And at a cost of $16 for 13 pencils, it’s a steal!
High-quality, smooth color pencils. Perfect for watercoloring stamped images. Use with Aqua Painters, Blender Pens, or alone.
* 13 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
* Acid free
* Lignin free
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code F93292MH and you will earn BOTH the True Gentleman Buttons -and- Linen Thread for FREE, a $10.50 Value!