#tgifc176 Color Challenge – Meet Country Home
TGIF! It’s time to meet Country Home!
Welcome to another TGIF Challenge, this week it’s time for some amazing color! Early Espresso, Coastal Cabana, and Pumpkin Pie make for a fabulous country color feel! I immediately thought of the new Country Home Stamp Set from the 2018 Holiday Catalog when I saw the challenge!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Using a Stamparatus and Early Espresso Ink, stamp the Buffalo Check Background Stamp onto Coastal Cabana cardstock. Cut down to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Trim the excess edges with a Paper Snips so they line up with the card base.
- With a Paper Snips, cut a Chicken Wire Element to 7 loops wide.
- Stamp the sentiment (from the Country Home Stamp Set) in Early Espresso onto Coastal Cabana Cardstock two times. Snip the Thankful out, closely, with a Paper Snips. Adhere over the top of the 2nd stamped image with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Crop, slight offset, with a Big Shot and the large Stitched Oval Framelit Die. Adhere to the Chicken Wire and card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Milk Can & Flowers in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Whisper White Thick Cardstock. Color with the following Stampin’ Blends: Soft Suede Combo, Bronze, Smoky Slate Combo, Pumpkin Pie Combo, Light Pool Party, Light Bermuda Bay. Snip out with a Paper Snips. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color 3 Frosted Droplets with the Bronze Stampin’ Blends. Adhere as shown.
If you haven’t noticed, I love to fussy cut…I would say it is my therapy. So this card I decided to fussy cut the milk can and floral image, and also snipped the thankful from the sentiment! I gave it a pop by adhering it with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I highly recommend the Stamparatus (stamp positioning tool)! It helps ensure you get a perfectly stamped image by allowing you to stamp multiple times.. I stamped the Buffalo Check image three times to get the coverage I needed.
Country Home is a photopolymer stamp set that is part of the Country Lane Suite of products from the 2018 Holiday Catalog. Pairing it with the Buffalo Check Background Stamp is a match made in heaven! I am a country girl at heart and also #madforplaid so both of these stamps sets speak to me in so many levels.
Here is a closer look at the Country Home stamp set. So many beautiful sentiments put together with gorgeous fonts. The images are so much fun to color! I cannot wait to play with this set more!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!