Climbing Roses Embossed Thank You Card
This thank you card was created using the Climbing Roses Bundle from page 9 of the 2019 Occasions Catalog. A gorgeous image that looks stunning when heat embossed. I rarely reach for Very Vanilla Cardstock, Whisper White is my go-to card color…but Very Vanilla is the perfect pairing for this set.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Use the cap & brush end of Melon Mambo & Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers to speckle the card stock. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Thank You sentiment in Versamark Ink onto Old Olive Cardstock that has been rubbed with an Embossing Buddy. Cover with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove the excess, and set with a Heat Tool. Crop with a Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, and the coordinating Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the Stamparatus to stamp the floral image in Versamark Ink onto Watercolor Paper that has been rubbed with an Embossing Buddy. Stamp again if full coverage was not obtained the first time. Cover with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick to remove the excess, and set with a Heat Tool. Crop using the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, and coordinating framelit die. Color with an Aqua Painter and the following classic ink colors: Old Olive & Mossy Meadow (greenery), Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick, & Merry Merlot (flowers), Soft Suede, & Early Espresso (white space). Apply lighter inks around the edges, allow to dry and add darker inks for depth and shading. Adhere loops of Rose Metallic Thread with Snail Adhesive. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three Share What You Love Artisan Pearls for a final touch.
Heat embossed images are so much easier to color as the embossed lines tend to help guide your brush from seeping over the sides. The Watercolor Paper, classic ink colors and an Aqua Painter filled with H2O are all you need to create a wonderful work of art.
I used the following ink colors: Old Olive & Mossy Meadow (greenery), Flirty Flamingo, Lovely Lipstick, & Merry Merlot (flowers), Soft Suede, & Early Espresso (white space). Apply lighter inks around the edges, allow to dry and add darker inks for depth and shading.
Click on the image above to view the Climbing Roses Cling Mount Bundle in my online store.
I created the splatters on the card by taking the cap off of a Melon Mambo and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker and flicking the brush tip against the cap towards the card. An easy way to add an artistic flair to your creations.
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code AHE7WQNK and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of ANY Current Item valued at $10 or less! Click on the image below to learn more about how you can earn Monthly Hoot Loot for FREE!
There are so many great deals during Sale-a-Bration, don’t miss out! So much bang for your buck! Click on the image below, it takes you right to my store so you can begin shopping NOW!
THREE IS BETTER THAN ONE! Become a part of Stampin’ Up!, The Hootenannies, & Mary Fish’s Pals Stamping Community!
- Purchasing the starter kit! Joining Stampin’ Up! includes access to exclusive Stampin’ Up! ideas and resources!
- Purchasing the starter kit and joining through me includes access to the Hootenannies AND the Stampin’ Pretty Pals Pals private Facebook groups and community. Immerse yourself at any level you like in daily stamping discussion, prizes, polls, ideas and inspiration, recognition, friendship, and fun!
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!