Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “My Happiest Season”. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It has been a long time since I have created a scrapbook page. I just had to create a page to share “My Favorite Season” which just happens to be….can you guess? Buffalo Plaid Season! As most of you that follow me know, I am #madforbuffaloplaid! So when the Buffalo Check Background Stamp was retired with the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, I knew I would have to get my fix from something else…then along came the Peaceful Prints 12×12 Designer Series Paper (Item 156628) which can be earned for FREE with a qualifying purchase ($50 before shipping & tax) between now and September 30!
For Christmas 2020, Santa brought me a Buffalo Plaid Gnome! I was so excited, I had my hubby take a picture with it…still wearing my Buffalo Plaid PJs of course. (Never mind the messy hair and smudged makeup).
Begin with a 12×12 piece of Basic White Cardstock.
Use the Paper Trimmer to cut the Garden Green Tree Print Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper at an angle (5″ top x 9″ side).
Cut another piece at an angle, but this time from the bottom (4″ bottom x 7″ side).
Use a Bone Folder to distress the angled edge. Adhere to the page with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Adhere a piece of Buffalo Plaid Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper to a Foam Adhesive Sheet.
Use the Playful Alphabet Dies, along with a Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to crop the “Merry Christmas”. TIP: Use Washi or Painters Tape to hold the dies in place so you can ensure a straight cut that follows the plaid pattern.
Remove the adhesive backing and adhere to the page as shown.
Use a Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to crop the following:
- Buffalo Plaid: Two Large Square-ended Tags (Tailor Made Tags Dies), Three Snowflakes (Giving Gifts Dies)
- Whisper White: One Large Square-ended Tag (Tailor Made Tags Dies), Three Snowflakes (Giving Gifts Dies)
- Basic Black: One Large Square-ended Tag (Tailor Made Tags Dies), Santa Scene Inside the Tag (Giving Gifts Dies)
Distress the edges of the tags with a Bone Folder. Thread a piece of Black & White 1/4″ Gingham Ribbon through all four pieces, securing in place with a bow of Black Baker’s Twine (Essentials Pack).
Add a 4×4 Photo adhered to a 4×4 piece of distressed Buffalo Plaid Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper.
Adhere the tag and photo to the page as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Adhere the snowflakes as shown with Mini Glue Dots.
Embellish with more Black & White 1/4″ Gingham Ribbon and Matte Black Dots.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created!
Please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 8th. Our theme will be “Focus on the Sentiment” when our Design Team creates a project showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! <<<YOU ARE HERE>>>
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!