A Sheltering Tree Shines in Metallics
Today I decided to grab a stamp set that hadn’t been inked up yet (a little challenge for myself) and create a card with it. I have had Sheltering Tree for over a year now and hadn’t taken the time to put it to work. I am sure I have said this before, I LOVE DIMENSION! Since I didn’t see the need to fussy cut an image, I went ahead and added the dimension by embossing the image and sentiment. I also popped up the middle of the main focal point.
I didn’t want to stick with just one color so I decided to go ahead and use two. I wanted to use the sentiment “you warm my heart” and felt that the card should give a feeling of warmth and comfort. To me, Gold and Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder give off the kind of warmth I was looking for.
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- 2nd Layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4.125 x 5.375 in and adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I first stamped the tree trunk with Early Espresso Classic Ink. I then stamped the leaves and lawn in Versamark and embossed with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I let is cool, stamped both images again in Versamark, as well as the sentiment, but this time I embossed with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I flagged the end of the sentiment piece with the Banner Triple Punch.
- I placed the 2nd layer on the Magnetic Platform, placed the smallest heart die from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits strategically over the tree and zipped it through the Big Shot. I then grabbed the next size larger heart die and zipped that through the Big Shot with a small piece of copper foil.
- I adhered a piece of Gold 3/8″ (1 Cm) Metallic-Edge Ribbon to the back side of the 2nd Layer with Glue Dots. I then did the same with the 1/4″ Copper Trim. I took a small piece and made a bow, then adhered the bow to the card in the exact place I wanted it.
- I finished off the card by adding Gold and Copper Metallic Sequins and a Gold Metallic Enamel Shape.
There are so many great sentiments in the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set. You can see all that is included in the Photopolymer set below. Have you decided you need to add this wonderful set to your collection? Click on the image below and it will take you to my on-line store to place your order!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.