3-D Thursday: Colorful Seasons Wall Art
For this week’s 3-D Thursday project, I decided to use a piece of canvas to make a some Wall Art depicting the beautiful colors of Autumn. I love the maple leaves and sentiments from the Colorful Seasons Photopolymer Bundle, so I knew I wanted to base my creation around these elements. I am also playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I chose the left side down. Metallic: My Maple Leaf Outlines are Metallic Copper Foil. Anything but a Card: My Wall Art Green: My Always Artichoke Leaves. What a fun board created by the talented Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat!
I love that they included the option of anything but a card! I think since cards take less time, crafters can get caught up in making them and forget about all the other paper craft options out there to show off our talents!
I started with a blank white canvas. I first attempted to keep it white and add my color with the Maple Leaves, but wasn’t feeling it. So I grabbed my trusty Aqua Painter and started coloring the canvas with Crushed Curry Classic Ink. I didn’t bother with keeping the edges of the Maple Leaves white or clean, I thought the the little bit of added color from the Crushed Curry Aqua Painter would be just fine. I am quite happy with the results.
Some of you may be more privy to the white background and that is why I included a photo, so you could see the difference. Let me know which one you prefer in a comment below…maybe next time I will try Always Artichoke or Cajun Craze as the background color! 🙂
Above is a photo of the wall art hanging in my basement family room. I think the off-white walls really help bring out the color! (sorry for the shadows, no natural lighting in our basement).
- Canvas Size is 8 in x 10 in.
- The sentiments were stamped in Versamark directly onto the canvas, the embossed with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Maple Leaves were stamped in the following colors. Note: The background color was first stamped off, prior to stamping onto the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso
- Images were 2-step stamped with the background and outline images. They were all quickly cropped out with the coordinating framelit included in the Colorful Seasons Bundle (shown below)
- I also cropped a few Small Maple Leaves and Maple Leaf Outlines in the Copper Foil Paper.
- I used Fast Fuse Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the leaves to the canvas.
- I adhered some Maple Leaves to a string of Crushed Curry Solid Bakers Twine to frame the canvas wall art.
The Colorful Seasons Bundle is one of our best sellers from the New 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog! It definitely made my Top 10! Order yours today by clicking on the image above!
My ENTIRE list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
Ready to take a stroll through my On-Line Store?