Country Livin’ Adventure for Global Design Project 103 Theme: For Him
Today I am fighting mixed emotions…my two boys, Preston (8) and Parker (5) went back to school. I have excitement from my newly gained freedom to work and craft…then sadness as I realize I lose treasured time with my boys as they start 3rd Grade and Kindergarten!
My excitement continues as I get to start off their school year by playing along with Global Design Project 103 that has the current challenge of one of my favorite THEMES: FOR HIM. I love masculine creations! The color tones, content and embellishments are just so fun for me to create with!
The Country Livin’ Stamp Set paired with the Dare to Dream Hostess Stamp Set make for a great For Him Anniversary, Valentine or Just Because Card!
- Card Base is Crumb Cake Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5 1/2 in.
- 2nd Layer is a piece from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack cut to 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 in. Adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 3rd Layer (Watercolor Wash Mat) is Crumb Cake Cut to 3 1/4 in x 4 1/2 in. Adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Top Layer is Shimmery White Cardstock cut to 3 1/8 in. x 4 3/8 in. Watercolor Wash is Soft Sky Classic Ink applied with an Aqua Painter. It is adhered to the mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around the 3rd and Top Layer prior to Adhering.
- The Truck is from the Country Livin’ Stamp Set. It is stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. It was colored with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Basic Black (from Marker) and Always Artichoke. It was fussy cut with a Paper Snips and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ‘You Are My Greatest Adventure’ sentiment is from the Dare to Dream Hostess Stamp Set. It was stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink on Shimmery White. ‘Adventure” was fussy cut, soft sky was added and it was adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you like my ‘For the Guys’ card! Be sure to check out the creations made by the fabulous Global Project Design Team and all the other great submissions from others playing along!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!