Country Livin’ Adventure for Global Design Project 103 Theme: For Him
Today I am fighting mixed emotions…my two boys, Preston (8) and Parker (5) went back to school. I have excitement from my newly gained freedom to work and craft…then sadness as I realize I lose treasured time with my boys as they start 3rd Grade and Kindergarten!
My excitement continues as I get to start off their school year by playing along with Global Design Project 103 that has the current challenge of one of my favorite THEMES: FOR HIM. I love masculine creations! The color tones, content and embellishments are just so fun for me to create with!
The Country Livin’ Stamp Set paired with the Dare to Dream Hostess Stamp Set make for a great For Him Anniversary, Valentine or Just Because Card!
- Card Base is Crumb Cake Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5 1/2 in.
- 2nd Layer is a piece from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack cut to 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 in. Adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 3rd Layer (Watercolor Wash Mat) is Crumb Cake Cut to 3 1/4 in x 4 1/2 in. Adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Top Layer is Shimmery White Cardstock cut to 3 1/8 in. x 4 3/8 in. Watercolor Wash is Soft Sky Classic Ink applied with an Aqua Painter. It is adhered to the mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around the 3rd and Top Layer prior to Adhering.
- The Truck is from the Country Livin’ Stamp Set. It is stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. It was colored with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Basic Black (from Marker) and Always Artichoke. It was fussy cut with a Paper Snips and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ‘You Are My Greatest Adventure’ sentiment is from the Dare to Dream Hostess Stamp Set. It was stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink on Shimmery White. ‘Adventure” was fussy cut, soft sky was added and it was adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you like my ‘For the Guys’ card! Be sure to check out the creations made by the fabulous Global Project Design Team and all the other great submissions from others playing along!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Father’s Day Card for Tic Tac Toe Challenge #tttc002
I played along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #tttc002 with a Father’s Day Card for my kids to give to my hubby. I used the Wood, Gray and Hexagon diagonal row shown below. I love the results..Masculine and Simple. You can see the challenge, designers and all the wonderful creations by clicking on the picture below.
- Card Base is Smoky Slate Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 8.5 in and scored / folded at 4.25 in to make a standard A2 sized card.
- I put Basic Gray Cardstock inside of the Hexagon’s Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and zipped it through the Big Shot. I then took a Paper Snips and selectively cut out around the hexagons to piece it the way I wanted for the card.
- I took the White Wood Textures DSP and applied Smoky Slate Classic Ink to it with a Sponge Brayer and then cropped out the DAD using the Large Letters Framelits Dies. I also cut out the DAD again in Basic Gray to make a 3-D or layered look.
- I took another piece of the Wood Textures DSP and zipped it through the Big Shot inside of the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder and then I cropped out an oval with the largest Stitched Oval Shaped Framelits Dies.
- A mat was created with Smoky Slate Cardstock and the largest oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.
- All Pieces were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The Happy Fathers Day was created with the Basic Gray Archival Ink, Thoughtful Banners Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Coordinating Classic Label Punch.
I hope you enjoyed my Masculine Father’s Day Card created for my Hubby based on the suggestions from the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #tttc002.
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Masculine Happy Birthday Card, Please Vote for Me!
This afternoon I am participating in the wonderful Kylie Bertucci’s, Austrailia’s Number One Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, International Stampin’ Up! Blog Highlights! Every month, Kylie pulls together a group of Stampin’ Up! Enthusiasts, picks a theme and highlights their cards on her blog! She enables viewers to cast their vote (up to 5 times) on their favorite card in the line-up! The top 10 picks get to take part in a blog hop with Kylie! What an honor, huh?
This month’s theme is Masculine. I used the current Happy Celebrations Stamp Set and Coordinating Celebrations Duo Embossing Folder. Pair that up with the sneak peek of Wood Grain Designer Series Paper and you get a great Masculine Birthday Card!
So that being said:
- The card base is a piece of 12 x 12 Whisper White cut at 6 in and scored / folded at 6 inches to make a square card.
- The pieces of Wood Texture Designer Series Paper, available June 1st, were cut to 5.75 in x 5.75 in and 4.5 in x 4.5 in squares and adhered to the Whisper White Cardstock with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- The two pieces of Whisper White Cardstock were cut to 4.75 in x 4.75 in and 4 in x 4 in squares. The middle piece of Whisper White Cardstock was adhered with 2-layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals and the top piece with 1-layer of Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Prior to adhering the top layer of whisper white, I zipped it through the Big Shot layered between the HAPPY embossing folder from the Celebrations Duo Embossing Folder set.
- I then stamped several times over the HAPPY with this stamp, from the Happy Celebrations Set) in Early Espresso ink. I wrapped Linen Thread and the ALL NEW 1/4″ Copper Trim around the bottom several times before ending with a knot (knots are masculine, right?).
- I stamped the Sentiment ‘birthday to you’ on Whisper White, cut to 1/2 in x 3 in with the Stampin’ Trimmer and then flagged the end with the Paper Snips. I wrapped Linen Thread around the end several times and again ended it with a knot. This was also adhered to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed the Masculine Card I created for Kylie Bertucci’s Stampin’ Up! International Hightlights. I would be ever so grateful if you would be so very generous to vote for me!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place a on-line store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax),
enter the host code 23DCFPMF and you will earn the Fine Tip Glue Pen for FREE!
View the retiring products lists here in PDF format and Excel format.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
View My Project Supplies List Here: Click on the pictures to order or click on the link below to print a pdf.