Welcome to My Hoot N’ Easy Friday: Lemon Zest Squeeze
I am having a hard time believing that it is already time for my Hoot N’ Easy Friday Blog Feature. This week just flew by and I am trying to keep up! I decided to grab the Lemon Zest Bundle to create my cards for this Hoot N’ Easy Friday.
My Quick N’ Easy Card is just that, Quick: I made this card in about 5 Minutes. Easy: It uses one color cardstock, two colors of classic ink and a punch to quickly crop out the images.
- Cardstock: Whisper White Thick Cardstock
- Card Base Cut to 5 1/2 in x 8 1/2 in. Scored and folded at 4 1/4 for a standard size card that fits perfectly in our Medium White Envelopes.
- 2nd Layer Cut to 5 3/8 in x 4 1/8. Adhered to Card Base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Classic Inks: Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
- All Lemon Images were stamped with Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White Cardstock. They were quickly cropped out with the Lemon Builder Punch and the 1 3/8 in Circle Punch. I also stamped a Lemon Slice onto the Medium White Envelope so that it coordinated with the card.
- The Leaves and Sentiments were stamped with Old Olive onto Whisper White Cardstock. They were quickly cropped with the Lemon Builder Punch and the sentiment flag was created with the Triple Banner Punch.
- Images were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Fast Fuse Adhesive.
Here is a look at the Lemon Zest Stamp Set and the Lemon Builder Punch Bundle available in Clear or Wood Mount.
Now for my Stepped Up a Hoot! card. The layout on this one is exactly the same as my Quick N’ Easy card. The difference is, I used Shimmery White Cardstock as my 2nd Layer and to stamp my images on. After stamping the images, I took an Aqua Painter and blended the ink around to give it a different look. I also used my watercolor background technique with the Daffodil Delight. You can read and download my tutorial on how to create the background by clicking here: Watercolor Background Tutorial. I added a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels and some Old Olive 1/8 in. Sheer Ribbon to step-up the card.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my Hoot N’ Easy Friday Blog Feature! I love suggestions on what you would like to see featured, so if you have ideas or a stamp set you want to see used in more ways than one, please leave a comment on this post and I will do my best to honor your request.
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
I’M GIVING FREE MONTHLY HOOT LOOT! Earn both sizes of Stampin’ Dimensionals (Regular and Mini) with an order of $50 or more (total before shipping and tax). Learn here how you can get the Stampin’ Dimensionals free using my exclusive September Host Code. Orders over $150 will automatically earn the Stampin’ Dimensionals and should not use the host code.