#tgifc146 – Sketch Challenge : Bloomin’ Heart
Bloomin’ Love & Hearts
Happy Friday! TGIFC146
It’s Friday and time for a Sketch Challenge! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so how fun the sketch is that of a heart! The Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits Dies are so beautifully detailed, you do need to do much to make it a wow card! This card quick fairly simple to create, the Big Shot and Dies do most of the work for you!
- With your Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″, then score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Wood Texture Designer Series Paper to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, adhere to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Smooch with Melon Mambo Classic Ink. You can download a tutorial on the Smooching Technique Here.
- Run a matching piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper with the Large Bloomin’ Hearts Thinlits through the Big Shot. Adhere to the card base with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tip: For a precision cut that is easy to remove, use the Precision Plate as the cut plate in your Big Shot sandwich. You can Watch a Video Here for more detail.
- Ink up the two flowers from the Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set in Basic Black Archival Ink, then stamp onto Shimmery White Cardstock.
- Run through the Big Shot with the Coordinating Dies from the Bloomin’ Hearts Thinlits to quickly crop them out.
- Color the flowers with an Aqua Painter and Melon Mambo Classic Ink. Adhere to the heart (in the spots they belong, as shown above) with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add a Pearl Basic Jewel to the center of each flower and also the small holes in the heart die cut (9 Total).
- Ink up the Love You Sentiment from the Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set in Versamark Ink and stamp on a scrap piece of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper.
- Pour White Stampin’ Emboss Powder over the Versamark Stamped Image, tap the paper to remove excess powder, then heat to melt with your Heat Tool.
- Adhere to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a 6-inch piece of Linen Thread, tie into a bow and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
I am sure you have noticed how much I absolutely love the Ink Smooching Technique! It just adds so much to the card and is so easy to do. I have shared a step-by-step tutorial on ink smooching and watercolor background, you can download it now by CLICKING HERE.
The Pearl Basic Jewels are the perfect accent to step up this card. The muted tone goes well with the Wood Textures DSP that adds a little rustic touch to the heart.
Melon Mambo goes so well with the tone of the Wood Textures DSP. I am on my 3rd pack of the Wood Textures DSP, that is how much I LOVE it. I really hope it stays around for awhile as I will be lost without it….but then again, I am sure that Stampin’ Up! will come out with another fabulous DSP stack and I will fall head over heals for…as I always do!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
IT’S MY ANNIVERSARY MONTH, CELEBRATE WITH TWO FREE ITEMS!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code X6YJWTZD
and you will earn BOTH the Whisper White Organza Ribbon and Petal Passion Embellishments from the
2018 Occasions Catalog for FREE!