#tgifc150 Sketch Challenge: Cake Soirée
Happy Friday! tgifc150
It’s FRIDAY, YAY!!! Time for Sketch Challenge tgifc150. My favorite challenges are color and sketches. It makes it so easy to quickly create a card when you have a place to start. You may notice that this cards sketch is very similar to the one I posted on Monday for the GDP. That is ok though, as I love the landscape style card with the focal point on the left. How about you?
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 6 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 3 1/2″.
- Cut the bottom portion of the Pink w/Silver Dots of Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper to 1″ x 8 1/2″. Adhere to the card as shown with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of the Silver 1/8″ Ribbon to 10 inches. Wrap and Adhere to the backside of the card with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Adhere to the inside of the front to cover up the ribbon, adhesive, and Designer Series Paper Strip.
- Add a strip of Snail Adhesive directly above the Silver Ribbon. Fold and adhere the Calypso Coral: 3/8″ wide Shimmer Ribbon (FREE with $50 Purchase) as shown. Snip the ends with a Paper Snips.
- Add Calypso Coral Ink to the Shimmery White as shown using the Smooching Technique. You can download instructions on this technique HERE.
- Using Versamark Ink, stamp the Cake Image, Celebrate and Happy Birthday Sentiments onto Shimmery White. Cover with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Set with a Heat Tool.
- Crop out the Cake using the Coordinating Cake Framelit Die, Magnetic Platform and Big Shot. Snip out the Celebrate and Happy Birthday Sentiments with your Paper Snips.
- Cut 4 inches of the Pear Pizzazz Shimmer Ribbon, cut off the binding of one side and pull the threads to create the background behind the cake. Adhere in place with a touch of Snail Adhesive.
- Add color to the cake image using the following Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Calypso Coral, Light and Dark Old Olive. Note: Be careful to not touch the embossing too much as the alcohol will melt it.
- Adhere the Cake and Sentiments with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels as shown.
I just love to emboss my images. It makes adding color to fine lines an easy task as you have a border to hold you in place. I am all about adding dimension to up the WOW factor. If you don’t have Versamark, Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool, I highly recommend adding them to your Craft Collection!
The Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper is GORGEOUS. It has lots of Silver Shimmer that makes it eye-catchingly beautiful! (I know that isn’t a word, but I like it to use it). There are so many unique options in the package and the color palette is yummy and perfect for birthdays and weddings.
Be sure to visit the TGIF Challenge Blog to gain oodles of inspiration from the Design Team and others that play along! Submit your creations and play along with us!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code F93292MH and you will earn BOTH the True Gentleman Buttons -and- Linen Thread for FREE, a $10.50 Value!