#tgifc170 Inspiration : Tropical Chic on Repeat
Happy Friday! TGIFC170
It’s time for some Inspiration! Repeat After Me…Tropical Chic is fun to repeat! Tropical Chic is fun to repeat.
I decided to repeat the fronds and flowers from the Tropical Chic Bundle. The color inspiration came from the Tropical Escape 6x6 Designer Series Paper, which is part of the Buy 3 Get 1 FREE Sale that ends in just a few days, on July 31st!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Tropical Escape 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 3″. Using 2nd generation stamping (stamp off on scrap paper prior to stamping on the Shimmery White) stamp the fronds in Lemon Lime Twist Ink alternating top and bottom as you stamp. Don’t be afraid to overlap the fronds, it will be covered with the 2nd layer.
- Add depth by using an Aqua Painter to add darker areas of Lemon Lime Twist Ink to the fronds. A clear block works great as a palette to hold a drop of ink refill to color with.
- Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce Ink as shown. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the smaller palm frond 3 times onto Shimmery White Cardstock using the same techniques as above. Crop them out with a Big Shot and coordinating die cut. Adhere to the card as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the same technique as above, stamp the flower 4 times in Petal Pink Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Add Flirty Flamingo using an Aqua Painter. Crop with a Big Shot and coordinating die cut. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals, trimming the flowers flush with the end using a Paper Snips.
Lemon Lime Twist, Petal Pink, and Flirty Flamingo are a lovely color combination that you can find in the Tropical Escape 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper Stack. Only 4 days remain on the Buy 3 Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale. You can see all the details on my Amazing Monthly Specials Page found here: Click to View July Specials
By using the 2nd generation stamping technique (stamping off on scrap paper prior to stamping on the cardstock), and then adding a bit more color with an Aqua Painter, you get a nice watercolored look! Lemon Lime Twist is one of my favorite colors for watercoloring as every layer of color adds a lot of depth.
If you live in the US and currently do not have a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator that you order from, I would LOVE to be YOURS! I spoil my customers and would love to spoil you! Here are just a few of the benefits of becoming a Hootlet (Stampin’ Hoot! Preferred Customer):
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Seasonal Catalogs – They will automatically be mailed to you with each new release. (Holiday Catalog and Occasions Catalog)
- FREE Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogs – They will be delivered to your door, at no charge, with free shipping! This catalog is jam-packed with over 200 pages of products and ideas ready to inspire you to create!
- Stampin’ Hoot! Hootlet Rewards! – Want to earn more free goodies from me? Become a frequent shopper with me, track your purchases and redeem your hoot points for a free shopping spree, valued up to $30! Download your tracking sheet here: Hoot Points Tracking Sheet
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!
Monthly Hoot Loot!
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code VR66NJFK and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of a Current/Available Stampin’ Blends Combo Package!