Happy Monday Everyone!
The Global Design Project has an amazing challenge for you this week! CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit the talented designer Kerstin Kreis. Although my card looks quite a bit different than hers, I took my inspiration from the flowers (Love What You Do) and using an embossing folder for my background (Tufted).
I had a wedding on Saturday for my cousin and their colors were Navy Blue and Dark Gray…so I based my card on the colors for the wedding and went from there.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Galvanized Metallic Paper to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Run through the Big Shot tucked inside the Tufted Embossing Folder. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run a piece of Night of Navy through the Big Shot with the largest Stitched Square Framelit Die and the Stitched Heart Die. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the background stamp in Night of Navy onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Crop with the Stitched Label Framelit Die. Add Snail Adhesive to the backside and adhere loops of Silver Metallic Thread. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Crop a piece of Galvanized Metallic Paper with the Stitched Label Framelit Die. Stamp Best Wishes in Night of Navy Ink and set with a heat tool. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the flower from the Love What You Do Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color with Night of Navy Light and Dark Stampin’ Blends. Snip with Paper Snips. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Silver Metallic Pearls as a final touch.
The Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder makes a statement all on its own. It really stands out on the Galvanized Metallic Paper. All the stitched goodness paired together on the card pulls your eyes in and keeps them occupied. The Stitched All Around Framelits and coordinating stamp set are at the top of my list for must-haves. Do you have them?
The Silver Metallic Pearls are the perfect match to the Galvanized Metallic Paper and add the perfect touch to the card. My craft room is packed with embellishments are always ready to adorn my creations. What embellishments fill your craft room?
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!