GDP157 Color Challenge – First Frost Congrats
Happy Monday Everyone! GDP157
The Global Design Project has a gorgeous color challenge for you this week! Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron, and Grapefruit Grove. They are colors that appear in two of my favorite suites of product: Frosted Floral and Nature’s Poem. Since Frosted Floral is in the 2018 Holiday Catalog and currently my Suite of the Month Special, I decided to inspire you with another congratulations card using the First Frost Bundle.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock to a 4″ square. On a Silicone Mat, mix a dollop of Shimmery White Embossing Paste with a few drops of Mint Macaron Ink Refill. Cover the cardstock with the Brick Decorative Mask and spread a thin layer of paste with a Palette Knife. Let dry completely then zip through the Big Shot with the large die from the Detailed Baubles Thinlits Dies.
- Create several large loops of the Silver Metallic Thread around your hand, remove and adhere to the back of the embossed piece. Adhere to the cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the greenery dies from the Frosted Boquet Framelits Die Set and crop several pieces using Mint Macaron Cardstock. Set aside.
- Color the large rose stamp center with a Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Write Marker and the outside with the Grapefruit Grove Stampin’ Write Marker. Spritz lightly with water from a Stampin’ Spritzer. Stamp 3 times onto Shimmery White Cardstock (without reinking, spritz if needed). Crop with the Big Shot and coordinating die.
- Stamp the largest stemmed flower in Grapefruit Grove. Cut apart to only utilize the ends.
- Stamp the berry image in Blackberry Bliss onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Crop with the rectangle die.
- Stamp the “congratulations” sentiment in Mint Macaron Classic Ink and snip with a Paper Snips.
- Piece and adhere (with Stampin’ Dimensionals & Snail Adhesive) all pieces together as shown.
- Add Faceted Dots for a final touch.
Adding your color of ink to the Shimmery White Embossing Paste makes it so versatile. I love how well the shimmer stands out even after adding drops of Mint Macaron to it. It dries quickly and is so easy to use…do you have it in your craft room?
All the pieces from the First Frost Bundle pair so well together. I can easily build a focal point by piecing together the die cuts. I cut them down as needed since I was placing them behind the larger pieces…fewer runs through the Big Shot really saves time when creating.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!