Stamp Review Crew Features Buffalo Check
Buffalo Check Meets Alpine Adventure!
As promised in my previous post this week, the Buffalo Check Stamp Set is pairing up with the Alpine Adventure Bundle for the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop! Two of my favorite items from the 2018 Holiday Catalog!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Basic Black 12×12 Cardstock to 4 3/4″ x 12″. Score and fold at 6″.
- Cut a piece of Wood Textures 6×6 Designer Series Paper to 4 1/2″ x 6″. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock to 5″ x 6″. Use a Stamparatus to stamp the Buffalo Check Background Stamp in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Stamp as many times as needed to get desired coverage. (3 times works for me). Trim the cardstock down to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Note: I followed the outside lines of the dark check rows all the way around and the result is a perfectly sized top-layer for a card base.
- Cut a piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. Adhere to the buffalo check cardstock with Snail Adhesive. Cut an 18″ piece of Black 1/2″ Satin Ribbon. Wrap around as shown and secure with a bow.
- Stamp two feet buckles & snow shoe images in Versamark onto Wood Texture Designer Series Paper. Cover with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Crop with the coordinating framelits from the Alpine Sports Thinlits Dies.
- Crop two runner sleds with a Big Shot and framelit die. Cut one down so you have the “wood” pieces as shown.
- Press the “Merry” element and one of the runner sleds into a Versamark Ink Pad. Cover with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Repeat until you have the desired coverage. Adhere all images and elements as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the “Christmas Greeting” sentiment in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set with a heat tool. Snip apart with a Paper Snips. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
The Buffalo Check Background Stamp and the Alpine Adventure Bundle are a match made in heaven…throw in the Wood Texture Designer Series Paper and you have 3 Peas in a Pod! This card makes me want to cozy up to a warm fire wrapped in a fluffy-soft buffalo plaid blanket (which I just ordered about 10 min ago, lol!)
The Festive Farmhouse Elements look fabulous embossed in Basic Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Just press the element into a Versamark Pad, cover with any color embossing powder and set with a Heat Tool! Need more coverage? Repeat the process until the desired thickness is achieved. Mine has two layers, which covered the element perfectly and gave it a little pop!
Repeat the embossing technique with the runner sled. After you finish with embossing, crop another runner sled in the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper, snip out the “wood” pieces with a Paper Snips and adhere with Fast Fuse.
Did you know that Fast Fuse is back and offered with a deep discount on the clearance rack? I am stocking up again, are you?
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!