Love the Shimmery Dashing Deer!
Today, the Stamp Review Crew is bringing you inspiration for the FABULOUS Dashing Deer Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Holiday Catalog! I paired it with the beautiful, shimmery, Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper and Galvanized Metallic Paper. Combined, these products make one GORGEOUS Christmas Card.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut 2 pieces of Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper to the following sizes: Tranquil Tide 3 3/4″ x 5″, Gray Granite 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″. Adhere to the Gray Granite Designer Series Paper with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Wrap a piece of White Solid Baker’s Twine around the intersection of the two pieces, securing with a bow. Add a piece of Silver Mini Sequin Trim at the bow.
- Layer and adhere the pieces, as shown, with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Big Shot Die-cutting Machine, crop the following pieces: Galvanized Metallic Paper & the Largest Stitched Label Framelit Die. Tranquil Tide Frosted Floral DSP & the Largest Stitched Circle Framelit Die. Cut the Stitched Label in half and then adhere to the back side of the Stitched Circle with Snail Adhesive. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Filigree Deer in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Galvanized Metallic Paper. Zip through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine with the Magnetic Platform and coordinating framelit die. Adhere as shown with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a 4″ piece of 1/4″ Tranquil Tide Velvet Ribbon. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Crop a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock with the Big Shot and small Stitched Label Framelit Die. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Crop two corner pieces (Detailed Deer Thinlits) of Galvanized Metallic Paper. Adhere as shown with Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Galvanized Metallic Paper cut to 1/2″ x 2 1/8″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Silver Metallic Pearls for a final touch!
The Galvanized Metallic Paper has just the perfect matte finish to match the shimmer from the First Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper. I used Jet Black StazOn Ink so that I would have to heat set the ink with a Heat Tool (to prevent smearing). StazOn is fast-drying, but I still recommend setting it aside for a minute to ensure it is fully dry prior to cropping the image.
Mixing and matching the various Stitched Shaped Dies that Stampin’ Up! offers is always my go-to when I want to make a card with many elements and layers. Sometimes I overdo it and add a few too many…but that is my style and I am sticking to it :).
There are so many different embellishments offered that would work well with this card. The Metallic Pearls and Share What You Love Artisan Pearls were a perfect match for this card. I decided to solely use the Silver Metallic Pearls, but I think the Tranquil Tide Artisan Pearls would have been a fabulous choice as well.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!