#tgifc179 C.Y.O.B. Making Every Day Bright
TGIF! It’s Time for a Technique!
Welcome to #TGIFC179! This week it’s time for a C.Y.O.B.(Create Your Own Background) Technique. I have been eyeing up the Making Every Day Bright Stamp set and that cute little light bulb with the spider & web…I decided to use that to create a background. Although this card is not a favorite of mine (I think I would have done some things a little differently) I decided to still share it with you.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Stamp the light strings and light bulb in Jet Black StazOn Ink, alternating placement for each row. Color with an Aqua Painter using Gorgeous Grape & Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Pads (ink from the cover). Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp 4 additional light bulbs and 16 light bulb caps and crop with the coordinating Christmas Bulb Builder Punch. Color with an Aqua Painter using Daffodil Delight & Gorgeous Grape Stampin’ Pads (ink from the cover). Adhere the light bulbs with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the caps with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock to 3″ x 1/2″. Flag the end with the Banner Triple Punch. Stamp the “Happy Halloween” sentiment in Versamark Ink, cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, flick away the excess and set with a Heat Tool.
- Cut a 6″ piece of Black Organdy Glittered Ribbon & Black Cord. Fold in half, staple to the end of the flagged sentiment and adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere two Spider Trinkets as shown with Mini Glue Dots.
If I were to duplicate this card, I think I would change up the colors of the light bulbs. I think I would l make the entire bulb the same color and alternate them as Gorgeous Grape, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie. Keep the color a little on the lighter side. What do you think? What would you do differently?
I absolutely LOVE white embossed sentiments on Basic Black Cardstock, it just makes them pop so much more than black on white.
The Black Organdy Glittered Ribbon is phenomenal and one of my favorites. And let us not forget about those adorable Spider Trinkets! The perfect addition to any Halloween card or craft!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!